+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sjostrom DC Blocker

Quote Originally Posted by BilliumB View Post
    Any idea how many volts of dc the Sjostrom unit blocks?

Cheers. Bill
    It will remove 4 diode voltages, so around 2-4 volts depending of load. It seems that only one diode will do the trick in most cases.

I'm Simon.

I have a six diode and 16 version here, the difference is significant.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by peranders View Post
    It will remove 4 diode voltages, so around 2-4 volts depending of load. It seems that only one diode will do the trick in most cases.
    In some cases perhaps, but certainly not in all cases and particularly not in mine, or my friends. Given the, relatively minor, price diffference I very strongly recommend the larger D.C. trap as this works very much better, profoundly so, in fact - highly recommended.
    Account Deleted

I'm Simon.

Yeh, chalk and cheese here.

Welcome to the forum PerAnders, (for it is he, the man himself).
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by peranders View Post
    Thanks for that - I've been looking for a dc blocker that deals with higher levels of dc.

Cheers. Bill

I'm Simon.

Bill, this will do for you. If you have more than 4v on your mains that's a job for the supplier to fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678