+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Has Pop Music Got Worse In Recent Decades?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I think you might be referring to 'Drill' music, a sub genre of Grime, by criminals for criminals. And those little twats you see on park benches talking in their squeaky little faux Jamaican accents, yo gangster bro
    The battery charger for my Makita cordless plays a little tune to tell me when the battery's fully charged. Would this be "Drill" music?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The battery charger for my Makita cordless plays a little tune to tell me when the battery's fully charged. Would this be "Drill" music?
    Dunno. My dentist has Classic FM on in the background when I visit, I assumed that was 'drill music'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I thought this was drill music:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Dunno. My dentist has Classic FM on in the background when I visit, I assumed that was 'drill music'.
    My dentist plays 'calming' whale music and other kitsch mood music. I loath it!

Since he is a private dentist and charges enough , maybe I should take along a CD to play when I'm in the chair?
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My dentist plays 'calming' whale music and other kitsch mood music. I loath it!

Since he is a private dentist and charges enough , maybe I should take along a CD to play when I'm in the chair?
    Could be worse - something you don't want hear while in dentist's chair: "Is it safe?"

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Unfortunately you are not far from the truth. Have a read about Tekashi 6ix9ine, a hip-hop rapper from NY, I stumbled across his recent album release and mistakenly started listening. This made me a read about him, a sad tail and a now ruined life I expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last night I was out for a meal and I asked my nephew, who is into many types of modern music, if he new about the above. He immediately reacted “What are you doing listening to that idiot, he is hated by many Hip-hop and Rap artists for how he presents himself and what he does”, and he thought some had spoken out against him.

So perhaps the bad side will remain the minority and will fade into insignificance.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Justin.

For great modern pop check out The Ting Tings The Black Light.

Also the master of pop punk Pete Shelley died recently. Listen to Singles/Going Steady for a collection of brilliance in memory of the man.

Saw them live twice at the Hemel Hempstead pavilion years ago. With Joy Division support on one occasion. And much later in Bristol. Fab.

I'm Steve.

Not heard that one, but have an album called "We Started Nothing". Full of catchy tunes.

Shame about Pete Shelley too - it's a bit worrying how many names I grew up with are leaving us. Saw Buzzcocks at Heaton Park Manchester about 1990, one of the more interesting bands that day.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122