+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found another Oldie

I'm Beek.

Smile Found another Oldie

Dug this up from the past, legs & Amazing's
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm gone.

Well, I could have done without a view of those hairy legs so soon after eating my breakfast ....

The speakers, though, are interesting ... those are Carver Amazing ribbon hybrids? Is that a pic of your own? (and would you admit to those being your legs?).

Must admit I've always wanted to hear those (if they are Carvers) - I used to own some Apogee Caliper Sigs and very nice, in their own very particular way, they were, too.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by beek View Post
    Dug this up from the past, legs & Amazing's
    Dear God! I do hope you weren't naked when you took that....
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

My mate had some Duetta Sigs for around fifteen years until the ribbons all but fell apart, slopping about all over the place.. On a good day when there was an R in the month they could sound amazing. he got a good price for them too and replaced them with some ML Discovery's I think.

I wonder how the sucker (oops - buyer) got on with the above and if they're still running?

As for the hairy legs, I can't talk...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Beek.

Default Thanx Guy's

Yup those are my legs (sorry I forgot to shave) & the Amazing MK-IV Carvers. The only speakers I got completely unheard & loved for a long time. Boogers cost alot to ship but were worth it. Never owned, but heard alot of Appoges loved them too. May have been naked for the shot thank God the lens wasent wide enough..............

I'm David.

18mm fish eye lens, scanned slide, per chance?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Beek.

Default Nikkor

Yes 16 Mil. 2.8 Nikkor scanned from slide maybe Fuji 200 film shot a while ago, lucky for all I dident point it down...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by beek View Post
    Yup those are my legs (sorry I forgot to shave) & the Amazing MK-IV Carvers. The only speakers I got completely unheard & loved for a long time. Boogers cost alot to ship but were worth it. Never owned, but heard a lot of Apogees loved them too. May have been naked for the shot thank God the lens wasn't wide enough..............
    This could be the start of a new thread and/or a Peter Belt fetish: 'Does your system sound better if listened to whilst naked?'

Regards
    Barry

I'm Paul.

BEEK!!

I know you!

You were part of Legs & Co weren't you.

I bet you have some stories to tell
    ~Paul~

I'm Beek.

Default Legs

Ok! You snagged Me I jus got older & hairy, Pls dont tell anybody.....

I had to look that one up Nice.........

+ Reply to Thread