+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Spotify & Squeezebox

I'm Grant.

how do you use an rpi with roon. does it have an image of its own?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

The thing that has impressed me the most with running LMS on a RasPi is the response time when using the search facility to scour my local file library..
    I rarely used it, because it was slow and laggy, no matter which platform I set the server up on.
    Now it is quicker than a very, very, very quick thing, and it just makes life easier when I know what I want to play - it saves having to search through a nested file structure.

It's proper progress, and very welcome at that
    Chris

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    The thing that has impressed me the most with running LMS on a RasPi is the response time when using the search facility to scour my local file library..
    I rarely used it, because it was slow and laggy, no matter which platform I set the server up on.
    Now it is quicker than a very, very, very quick thing, and it just makes life easier when I know what I want to play - it saves having to search through a nested file structure.

It's proper progress, and very welcome at that
    When running LMS on my old QNAP I had to pause everything before a library re-scan, now I can re-index whilst streaming to 4 parallel players without any impact at all, and a full rebuild of 3K cds takes 35mins...not bad for £29...

As for Spotify I wouldn't be using it now without the LMS 'Spotty' plugin, I'd originally been using a CCA with the Spotify app...not for me, too track centric for my listening habits, however with LMS/Spotty everything is integrated at the same playlist, Spotty is just another library, and it's gapless...so cheers for the nod!
    Last edited by WAD62; 15-10-2017 at 14:51.
    Cheers, Will

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    When running LMS on my old QNAP I had to pause everything before a library re-scan, now I can re-index whilst streaming to 4 parallel players without any impact at all, and a full rebuild of 3K cds takes 35mins...not bad for £29...

As for Spotify I wouldn't be using it now without the LMS 'Spotty' plugin, I'd originally been using a CCA with the Spotify app...not for me, too track centric for my listening habits, however with LMS/Spotty everything is integrated at the same playlist, Spotty is just another library, and it's gapless...so cheers for the nod!
    I'm more than happy having paid around £48 for my Pi. I did get a complete starter pack, so Pi, PSU, SD card and case came in the one package.

The strength of doing things with the Squeezebox ecosystem is the sheer flexibility of it.
    I was using the then working Spotify app from the remote MSq server, and then Spotify decide to change their service provision.
    Thankfully Michael Herger had been given the nod with respect to the service changes, and had the problem well in hand by the time the deadline came up.

The gapless thing is something I take for granted.
    LMS (and its predecessor) and Squeezebox have always done it.
    It's not an issue, until the point where you hear gaps where tracks should segue seamlessly, one into the other, and then it's the most annoying thing on the planet.
    I have only ever heard those gaps when listening to other players.
    Chris

I'm Gareth.

Spotify Connect is in development. Tried this during the week and while it’s not perfect (just yet), it is a big, big step forward:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...onnect-support!

FWIW I really like the Spotify IOS app, so the chance to use Connect with my Transporter is very welcome. Will play some more over the weekend.

I'm Simon.

Hopefully they'll add Windows support soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

The Radio Paradise FLAC stream sounds phenomenal.
    There's a new plugin for it to run on LMS 7.9.1

Using a RasPi to run LMS is the dog's danglies
    Chris

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    The Radio Paradise FLAC stream sounds phenomenal.
    There's a new plugin for it to run on LMS 7.9.1

Using a RasPi to run LMS is the dog's danglies
    Got it up and running on 7.9.0, plays fine, but no artwork on lossless option, apparently solved by 7.9.1...I may move to the latest piCorePlayer bundle release...

The 'find in spotify' link in the 'now playing' window is very useful...
    Cheers, Will

Nice one Will.

I have just played with the Spotify endpoint in LMS for one of the players on my network.
    I can control the player from the Spotify app on my laptop, which in turn means that I can control it from anywhere in the world - OK, so it's no real use if I'm not at home, but it does mean that I open the Spotify app on my laptop and directly control the player from the Spotify interface, and can do all the regular things, such as following artists and earmarking albums to appear in my saved albums.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678