+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shakti Stones. Please Don't Flame Me - I'm Only Sensitive!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    Just tried the 'Jug Of Water Effect' maybe I should have tried it on the Krell, because the results on me amp currently are not very good, strange burning smell and the lights have gone out, no don't worry I had my eyes closed. Anthony I have absolutely no idea how or why I got the result/effect I did, I really wish I had the answer to that one. But unfortuately I am only human ( barely ) and don't know the answers never mind the right questions to that things I most want to know. If anyone can understand what I have just wittered on about please let me know.

Andy - SDDW

Sorry to disappoint you all but said item now sold - I hope

thats a classic andy!
    he he
    but seriously, i remember roy gregory telling me a mad story once, he went round some guys house who at the time was well know for trying all things weird and off the wall as far as hi fi is concerned, he sat down and listened to a tune, then the guy came in with a glass of water, and told roy to take a sip of this "special water" after he had drank the water the guy played the same track again, and roy said, as mad as this demo was, the track did actualy sound diffrent! now i have my views on how this might have been posible, but none of them involve me believing in "special water"

I'm Andy.

Anthony, I too drink lots of 'Special Water' my only problem is afterwards I lose the use of my legs and I sluuuuuuuuur my speach.

Upon reflection that could describe me the majority of the time;

a 'Gibbering incoherent halfwit with the reasoning power of a Donkey on acid'

A fairly accurate description, no insults intended to Chemical Abusing Donkeys'

Andy - SDDW

Wink

Anthony, I too drink lots of 'Special Water' my only problem is afterwards I lose the use of my legs and I sluuuuuuuuur my speach.

Upon reflection that could describe me the majority of the time;

a 'Gibbering incoherent halfwit with the reasoning power of a Donkey on acid'

A fairly accurate description, no insults intended to Chemical Abusing Donkeys'

Andy - SDDW
    ahh yes, the old fire water has a tendency to do that!!!
    anthony...

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post

thats a classic andy!
    he he
    but seriously, i remember roy gregory telling me a mad story once, he went round some guys house who at the time was well know for trying all things weird and off the wall as far as hi fi is concerned, he sat down and listened to a tune, then the guy came in with a glass of water, and told roy to take a sip of this "special water" after he had drank the water the guy played the same track again, and roy said, as mad as this demo was, the track did actualy sound diffrent! now i have my views on how this might have been posible, but none of them involve me believing in "special water"

Hmmmm..... It wasn't Peter Belt's house was it?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Shian7 View Post
    Hmmmm..... It wasn't Peter Belt's house was it?
    posibly?

Hi All
    I have been wondering about Shakti Stones. Has anyone had any really good results using one of these devices. I don’t want this thread to become a, they’re s**t with no substance behind the statement, and it’s not intended to be controversial. Just some good reasonable replies please.
    I do own one myself and my own experiences are that only in one instance did I get what you would say is a good positive result / improvement and was fairly marginal changes though repeatable. That was when it was placed above the mains transformer of a Krell power amp. It changed the presentation mainly of the upper mids and high frequencies. Sort of cleared up the sound as if less mush were being passed down to the speakers. In all other cases of where I placed this thing I got either no result or possibly ambiguous results that I could never quite either repeat or qualify, and in the end resolved that nothing had changed.
    The reason for the post is I have just discovered it hidden away and intend to give it another try. Though my mind set is still towards the negative result option, rather than be open minded as I should be! and usually am.
    Anyone else played with one and had good / bad/ indifferent results and where were the better changes if any. Please be gentle with me

P.S. If this goes well I have something that will blow your mind. No not a gun.

Andy – SDDW
    You are kidding aren't you? Tell me you're kidding. How much marketing bullsh*t do you swallow every day... ?

I'm Andy.

hiredfox
    I was just in the process of composing a post saying what a great day I am having just listening to my music after doing 11, 12Hr shifts in the last 13 days of which 8 have been night shifts, and beleive me the last 2 were very stressful. Then I get a mail noting I have a reply to a thread I started a while ago. Off I go to read it.
    As it turns out it's from some self opinionated cnut who does not know me and from the outset seems to want to take a negative stance. Well hear is me considered reply.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs down

Wow...

Hiredfox,

If you post anything like that on this forum again you will be banned. That is totally out of order and something we do not tolerate here. You do not treat people that way.

In fact, if you don't comply with my earlier request to post in the welcome area with your name and basic location (I have asked you repeatedly) then you will be banned.

Consider that as a warning!

I'll give you until the end of the day to do as I request. You also owe Andy an apology which I expect to see given in the public domain.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12