+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shakti Stones. Please Don't Flame Me - I'm Only Sensitive!

I'm Andy.

Default Shakti Stones. Please Don't Flame Me - I'm Only Sensitive!

Hi All
    I have been wondering about Shakti Stones. Has anyone had any really good results using one of these devices. I don’t want this thread to become a, they’re s**t with no substance behind the statement, and it’s not intended to be controversial. Just some good reasonable replies please.
    I do own one myself and my own experiences are that only in one instance did I get what you would say is a good positive result / improvement and was fairly marginal changes though repeatable. That was when it was placed above the mains transformer of a Krell power amp. It changed the presentation mainly of the upper mids and high frequencies. Sort of cleared up the sound as if less mush were being passed down to the speakers. In all other cases of where I placed this thing I got either no result or possibly ambiguous results that I could never quite either repeat or qualify, and in the end resolved that nothing had changed.
    The reason for the post is I have just discovered it hidden away and intend to give it another try. Though my mind set is still towards the negative result option, rather than be open minded as I should be! and usually am.
    Anyone else played with one and had good / bad/ indifferent results and where were the better changes if any. Please be gentle with me

P.S. If this goes well I have something that will blow your mind. No not a gun.

Andy – SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 06-05-2008 at 16:33.

I guess this one does push open-mindedness to its limits but hey, this is an open-minded forum.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andy,

Did you get the special packet of 'wuffle dust' with the Shakti? It won't work without it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

I think mine came with 'Fluffle Dust'. It must be the improved version of 'Wuffle Dust'
    Joking apart, I came about this when I bought a Krell power amp quite a few years ago now, and was amazed at what it wouldn't do with anything else apart from the Krell??. Sort of Under whelmed, should have passed it on when the amp was sold. So no one has had any results at all eh? Not really surprise I supose.

Andy - SDDW

Have you ever tried breaking one open and seeing what's inside it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

I had thought about it, but seemed like it was just too distructive, especially as I have just been offered money for it, and it doesn't have Monopoly written across the notes either. Have you broken one apart?

Andy - SDDW

Yep. And it had a bit of paper inside which when opened up said:

YOU'VE BEEN HAD !

Forgive me, I'm only pullin' yer leg

Marco.
    Main System

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    I think mine came with 'Fluffle Dust'. It must be the improved version of 'Wuffle Dust'
    Joking apart, I came about this when I bought a Krell power amp quite a few years ago now, and was amazed at what it wouldn't do with anything else apart from the Krell??. Sort of Under whelmed, should have passed it on when the amp was sold. So no one has had any results at all eh? Not really surprise I supose.

Andy - SDDW
    andy...
    i can understand how it might have made the krell sound better, but then a jug full of water tipped over the top of it may have a similar affect

Dont try this at home kids, i was joking!!!
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 06-05-2008 at 19:29.

LOL. What are you like...

Have you seen the pics of your copper amp in Steve's thread in the Gallery?

Andy, don't listen to us, mate. I hope you get plenty of money for it

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andy.

Just tried the 'Jug Of Water Effect' maybe I should have tried it on the Krell, because the results on me amp currently are not very good, strange burning smell and the lights have gone out, no don't worry I had my eyes closed. Anthony I have absolutely no idea how or why I got the result/effect I did, I really wish I had the answer to that one. But unfortuately I am only human ( barely ) and don't know the answers never mind the right questions to that things I most want to know. If anyone can understand what I have just wittered on about please let me know.

Andy - SDDW

Sorry to disappoint you all but said item now sold - I hope
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 06-05-2008 at 20:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast