+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Anyone know what to do with dozens of Wasps eating our sheds and a garden bench ?

We often have the occasional Wasp scraping the wood to make a nest but this year there are hundreds of the little sods.
    Wasps have a strong sense of smell and dislike certain plants like peppermint, spearmint, basil, eucalyptus, cloves, geranium, thyme, citronella, bay leaves, and lemongrass. They are also repelled by vinegar, cinnamon, coffee grounds, and sliced cucumber.
    the worlds your oyster
    ive heard of cloves in oranges scarrered arounf the areas.. also fabric softner apparently
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Thanks Grant, thought you'd know what to do..

I'll try one patch with white vinegar and see how they like it.

I'm Geoff.

Ow! Just got stung on a toe by a bee while kneeling in the garden, felt like being jabbed with a lit fag. I'm hoping I don't get an allergic reaction, I'm prone to them. OK so far, it was half an hour ago. Washed it with acetic acid solution. Not had one for years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ow! Just got stung on a toe by a bee while kneeling in the garden, felt like being jabbed with a lit fag. I'm hoping I don't get an allergic reaction, I'm prone to them. OK so far, it was half an hour ago. Washed it with acetic acid solution. Not had one for years.
    hopefully youll be ok mate... i remember a wasp flying down my shirt arm inside and stinging me several times. i tried to kill it and somehow missed every time ggrrr.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    hopefully youll be ok mate... i remember a wasp flying down my shirt arm inside and stinging me several times. i tried to kill it and somehow missed every time ggrrr.
    Yeah, I've had similar.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

My old patch looking very dry on my cctv, looks like next doors cats keeping an eye on it

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bee venom is acidic, so you ought to wash the area with a solution of bicarbonate of soda, or try toothpaste. Wasp stings on the other hand are alkaline.
    Barry

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    My old patch looking very dry on my cctv, looks like next doors cats keeping an eye on it

same here - at least it gives us a break from mowing
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Bee venom is acidic, so you ought to wash the area with a solution of bicarbonate of soda, or try toothpaste. Wasp stings on the other hand are alkaline.
    I did wonder, but couldn't be bothered to look it up. Toe seems OK now.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    good point. used to remember it as a VW car. wasps vinegar, but alas you then get mixed up... do you use vinegar for a wasp sting lol no you dont
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast