+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    The Apple I want is Cox, as they seem impossible to get in the supermarket and are my favourite.
    I remember my dad trying to grow Coxes, he messed it up somehow. The trees remained small and stunted and hardly bore any fruit.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

they need plenty manure under earth when planting protect roots with a good layer of earth. I was lucky my bro had a horse so got manure that way. then top dress every year with gp fertilizer. also dont be shy about pruning. obviously they need a bit of sun too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    hi, yes you need two varieties. get ones in containers. try ebay, or go to a garden centre when they open. i got mine from ebay.

i got 4 and i get a fair amount of apples. if you keep them from getting too big you would be better with 4. spaced out, with a thought for wind as well as bees etc, they should cross polinate well. they dont need to be huge to get apples
    Thank you.

If I get a Coxs Orange Pippin, does it matter what the other one is ? or is it anything so long as it's different ?

In Saffron Walden, there is an old walled garden growing veg and two large greenhouses with Grapes, Pineapples etc. They have dozens of Apple varieties and they have been pruned, is it Espalier ?.. Anyway, they are only 7 ft high, 7 ft wide and just one branch deep. In the season, they are smothered with fruit.

I'm Grant.

coxes is not a self fertile apple so one of these will do

https://www.orangepippintrees.co.uk/...er.aspx?v=1086

Espalier, yes.. flat against a wall or trellis
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

This variety of cox is self fertile so might be worth the extra price..

https://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/fruit...saAsaMEALw_wcB
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Right, first garden job of the year done. De-crapping the lawn! The pooch left about twelve pounds of poo there over the winter. There's no way I'm squelching about over the winter to clear it up.
    One good thing about living in a high rainfall area is that most of the jobbies get washed away into the soil over the winter!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    This variety of cox is self fertile so might be worth the extra price..

https://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/fruit...saAsaMEALw_wcB
    Great, thanks. I will check that out and see what other Apples they have.

Gives me a project.

I'm guy.

You could also go for a crab apple for pollinating the Cox - no edible fruit, but beautiful ornamental trees
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    You could also go for a crab apple for pollinating the Cox - no edible fruit, but beautiful ornamental trees
    I have one of those but being a long and narrow garden it is probably 150 mtrs from where I want the Cox. I wonder if Bees will travel between the two ?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I have one of those but being a long and narrow garden it is probably 150 mtrs from where I want the Cox. I wonder if Bees will travel between the two ?
    might but its really too far to be effective.. i'd say max 20 yards
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast