+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm guy.

Collect the seeds, then dig out your old Pink Floyd albums

https://sunrisehouse.com/herbal-drug...g-glory-seeds/
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

I love Nerines (almost luminous at dusk), but but they also make me feel a little sad as (for me) they signal the end of summer

LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm John.

Default Tropical raised bed.

I've been a keen gardner for most of my adult life from around 35 onwards I suppose. I even did a two year foundation degree in landscaping and garden design about 10 years ago in my spare time.

Any way the wife said she would love some Canna Lillies and a tropical type planting in our back yard to replace a raised pond we inherited with the house that was in a right state .

We also had a bit of a surface water isssue due to levels and lack of drainage so I was happy to jump in and sort a few issues during lock down.

I removed the old pond and dug down under to install a couple of square meters of drainage crates to take the surface water. This was fed via a drainage brick retorofitted into the old retaining wall of the pond. I also decide to fit a wooden capping to try yo modernise the look a little.

Old pond. Lovely in its day I'm sure but now neglected and just not what or where we want it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

New raised bed.You can just see the drainage brick in the bottom of the wall in the first picture. This has worked really well and we no longer get surface water issues.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Images of new planting. Mainly Canna lillies, Asiatic lillies and Crocosmia with a few others to fill in.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

All in it worked out really well and Mrs Curley is over the moon with her tropical bed and Canna's. I've renewed my gardening and first thing each morning across the summer was out watering at 5am like clockwork and enjoying life. Nothing better than nurturing some plants and seeing the results of your hard work.

I hate to drag the mood down but then in mid July I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and life suddenly changed quite out of the blue on a Sunday afternoon. However I am nearly through the 6 weeks of radio and chemo and doing well all things considered and have a new love of gardening that keeps me entertained whilst I am shielding at home with littl to do. The two years of genus, species and cultivar all came flooding back and my knowledge stood me in good stead.

I also laid a new sandstone patio, replaced the shed and began growing some more exotics like bananas, Strelitzia (Bird of Paradise), Chillies, an Orange tree and Pineapplle Guava in the conservatory. I've also gone from a couple of house plants to about 25 now including a massive Monstera Deliciosa I've always lusted over.
    Last edited by speedyj; 12-10-2020 at 02:08.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm sorted.

Lovely garden, a credit to you & good luck with your health issues.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Thanks Roy. Its been a joy to rediscover a passion. Have a great week mate.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Quick pic of a neighbours garden just down the lane from me.
    I wouldn’t fancy cutting that grass every week!

I would, as long as I had a ride-on mower!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

One of my wife's friends had a garden like that including the trout stream.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    As above
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Just done my third "final cut" on my grass (filled my "brown bin" and several loads dumped at bottom of garden) - Weather is so mild the grass just keeps growing. Dahlias still flowering too
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Not cut my grass since the end of September and probably won't again until maybe April. I gave it a going over with iron sulphate today to kill mossy bits and I'll be doing more seeding.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast