+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    They look really nice, Marco - compliments to the seamstress!

I think if you have wooden seats then decent cushions are an absolute must, especially if you like to sit up until the wee hours as we, and clearly you, do. We were round some friends the other weekend and their cushions are quite thin - by midnight my poor arse was numb!!

It’s ultimately why we went rattan for both our dining area and lounging area furniture outside - they’re just that bit more soft and comfortable. Plus, they don’t need maintenance!
    Cheers, Adam. Lol, yeah I know what you mean about bare wood seats, or only with thin cushions!

That's why the ones Del has made are suitably padded, to protect yer wee botty

We also love the look of rattan, but the furniture tends to be quite bulky, and we only have a limited amount of space in that area, so we went for wood. I spent about 2 days treating it all with a wax/preservative, so it should be good for quite a while, and as I mentioned earlier, that area is secluded, so doesn't get exposed too much to the elements.

Yeah, it's nice sitting out there at night, under the glow of the lights, with a nice glass of chilled Prosecco!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yeah, lights are good.. fancy that lounger although i couldnt get on it lol
    Aye, you might get in, but you'd never get back out!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nobody loike me lights?

Marco.
    Yes, I do, very atmospheric there Marco!

Cheers, Jon. Yeah it creates a nice vibe at night

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

Dog is getting on a bit (we think around twelve) and has been going missing for the last couple of days - have now found her "sun lounger"; she has dug a hollow in one of my raised beds by the greenhouse

LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Lol - love it!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

We also love the look of rattan, but the furniture tends to be quite bulky, and we only have a limited amount of space in that area, so we went for wood. I spent about 2 days treating it all with a wax/preservative, so it should be good for quite a while, and as I mentioned earlier, that area is secluded, so doesn't get exposed too much to the elements.

Yeah, it's nice sitting out there at night, under the glow of the lights, with a nice glass of chilled Prosecco!

Marco.
    I know what you mean about the bulk of rattan. Fortunately we were able to more than triple the size of our patio when we did our building work a few years back, by knocking down some dilapidated outbuildings that also blocked the view down the garden.

Plenty of room now!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Nice one... Looks great, Adam. I'm sure you have some fun times out there!

No provision though for rain coverage? I quite like sitting outside under the protection of a parasol when it's raining, as long as it's warm

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robert.

Anyway, Del's been making some cushion/seat and (beer bottle-top) table covers for our secluded outdoor eating/drinking/chillout area:

As you'll see, we've also added 'mood lighting' by hanging up some battery-powered bulbs, which provide a subtle but satisfying glow at night

Nice and comfy now sitting for a long time when entertaining guests (as frequently happens), with the padded support for your back!

I'll be relaxing here later and may even manage a wee snooze in the shade:

Happy days!

Marco.

Been meaning to say, like it ! All Looks v cosy and the furniture, looks solid and quality !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Cheers, Rob! Cosy/homely/quaint is the vibe we always strive for in our home (outdoors or indoors), and creating a genuinely inviting and relaxing space within which to chill and enjoy!

We also like things that are bespoke/original, even if it means making it ourselves. Neither of us are into stuff that's mass-produced, unless there's no other option. Anyway, if you're ever up our way, you're more than welcome to drop by and test it out, while enjoying a nice drink (of whatever you fancy)

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast