+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tidied up the bit under my kitchen window and filled it with bark

Also my potted plants are flowering
    Looks good Grant. I planted some seeds in pots about a month ago, kept them watered but just seem to have ended up with a fine crop of weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Looks smarter than mine Grant.

I had some rubble to get rid of, so I built a raised flower bed at the bottom of the path against the wall. Nothing planted in it yet.
    Some kind of climber would work well in there, eventually cover that wall up?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Anyway the outdoor 'fracas', chez-moi
    Looking good Marco. Have you got a ride on mower?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Looking good Marco. Have you got a ride on mower?
    Lol, no... I could defo do with one, but I like the exercise! What you can see there is about half of the lawn, and at this time of year it needs cutting once a week

We've got loads more we want to do with the garden, such as putting a nice [probably antique] water feature in the centre of the lawn, maybe some statues of Griffins too, and turning a large area of ground near the summerhouse into a veg patch, with carrots, potatoes, etc, simply to make ourselves more self-sufficient.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jon.

Until i’ve paid Her maj’s tax bill i can’t afford any hifi for now, so all the focus is on my garden. It’s come a long way in the 2 years i’ve owned it, but theres still plenty more to do like replacing all the horrid crazy paving and actually getting round to fitting the new fence that is just propped up against the old one on the left.
    Some before and after pics of some of it…
    Sorry for the poor phone photos

How it was when i moved in..

Time for the trees to go as they were blocking almost all the sun light.
    The tree on the right is a well over 200 year old pear tree and the wood is just about seasoned and smells just divine when chucked on the log burner.

And time reinstate the veg garden

Theres plenty more, but i won’t bore you guys with it.

I'm Dave.

Job well done. Bet you ache after that lot.

I'm Grant.

Lol, no... I could defo do with one, but I like the exercise! What you can see there is about half of the lawn, and at this time of year it needs cutting once a week

We've got loads more we want to do with the garden, such as putting a nice [probably antique] water feature in the centre of the lawn, maybe some statues of Griffins too, and turning a large area of ground near the summerhouse into a veg patch, with carrots, potatoes, etc, simply to make ourselves more self-sufficient.

Marco.
    Bro has a ride on. Makes a big difference. Has a cutter on his mini tractor to for the pastures, but the ride on is for his orchard bit. Tractor doesnt get in there as its walled.
    You,d love one and u still get plenty excersise.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Nice one, and I'm sure it does make a difference. I'm happy though using my petrol mower, and storing a ride-on mower for us would be another issue... Our garage is currently full of all sorts of crap, and which is our mission to clear out this summer!

Then that will make a big difference to how much garden stuff we can store. Anyway, the garden's looking quite good now and should be a really nice space to relax in and enjoy when we're finished

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Until i’ve paid Her maj’s tax bill i can’t afford any hifi for now, so all the focus is on my garden. It’s come a long way in the 2 years i’ve owned it, but theres still plenty more to do like replacing all the horrid crazy paving and actually getting round to fitting the new fence that is just propped up against the old one on the left.
    Some before and after pics of some of it…
    Sorry for the poor phone photos

How it was when i moved in..

Time for the trees to go as they were blocking almost all the sun light.
    The tree on the right is a well over 200 year old pear tree and the wood is just about seasoned and smells just divine when chucked on the log burner.

And time reinstate the veg garden

Theres plenty more, but i won’t bore you guys with it.
    Major respect, Gary. That looks fab!

Just my type of garden - a working one, used to create your own produce, and the display areas, where your shrubs and flowers are, aren't too regimented or 'prettified'. You've got the balance right between it looking neat and tidy, but still 'at one' with nature - top stuff.

With all your herbs and veg you must like to do a bit of cooking?

Anyway, feel free to "bore" us more!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Graham.

Default Nearly in full bloom

The borders are now planted up. Nearly ready for the open day on the 23rd.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Jon.

Major respect, Gary. That looks fab!
    Just my type of garden - a working one, used to create your own produce, and the display areas, where your shrubs and flowers are, aren't too regimented or 'prettified'. You've got the balance right between it looking neat and tidy, but still 'at one' with nature - top stuff.
    With all your herbs and veg you must like to do a bit of cooking?
    Anyway, feel free to "bore" us more!
    Marco.

Thank you, and yes i do my best to make something decent to eat (including home made bread, pasta and beer, lots of) I certainly can’t remember the last time i ate a “ready meal”. From memory they are too bland and full of salt and sugar. Yuk.
    I really really can't see how hard it is to eat correctly! It drives me insane to see parents shoveling the sort of crap they do into their trolleys at the supermarket to feed their offspring. Then they wonder why little tommy is 15 stone at 10 years old
    Sorry for the rant.

Anyway..

I’m systematically getting rid of the traditional borders, and laying down weed mat and covering with pea gravel then planting mainly alpines, hebes, salvias and Phlox as they look pretty are easy to manage. The idea being a maintenance free garden.

Couple more pics (well you did ask)..

The green house should provide a good yield, theres various strains of tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, habanero chilis, sweet peppers and purple basil. Some of which will go into a kick ass passata for ragu and pizza sauce. The Habanero will be used to make chili jam, which goes perfectly with strong cheese.

These feathered beasts are quite possibly the best thing i’ve owned. As a stress buster nothing beats them, they’re so friendly and comical in their mannerisms. 2 of them came from battery farm and had very few feathers and i don’t think they’d been outside before, so watching them adapt to how they should be living is immensely rewarding.
    Plus of course, having fresh eggs is a bonus. Nothing beats a freshly poached egg on top of black pudding and steamed asparagus (from the garden) for breakfast.

And this area beside the chickens will eventually be used a sanctuary for bees, i just need to research what plants are best for them.

Oh, and lastly a huge rose…

Hats off to Graham for his beautiful garden, thats a lot of work. Well done sir!

Yes, big respect to Graham... Like you say, a LOT of work has gone into that garden, and it looks like it should be on the Chelsea Flower Show!

Lol - you've got *no idea* how much I agree with you on the whole junk food/ready meal thing! The fact that folks today eat so much of that shite and don't take some time to actually COOK, rather than simply operate a microwave, and eat REAL food, is why the UK, in particular, has some of the worst health stats in Europe

Anyway, we'll save that for another thread! The rest of your garden looks great, and just the type of space we'd really enjoy.

Your veg, chillies, fresh herbs etc, look excellent, but as you say, the stars of the show are your chickens! Awesome... My wife also wants chicks, so plans are afoot to get some. Aside from us being big animal lovers, like you say, there's nothing like fresh eggs from your own hens - different ball game entirely, especially the saffron-coloured yolks - yum!

So, Gary... You should get involved in the food thread and show us some of your foodie creations, using your fresh produce: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...26#post1095826

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast