+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Kevin.

Had to cut the grass for the first time yesterday. Too early in the year to start, but it needed doing.
    3 hours of listening to tunes can’t be bad.

Out of interest, anybody heard of Texas garden machinery?
    I want a wheeled string trimmer to make my life easier when clearing the wooded area.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Had to cut the grass for the first time yesterday. Too early in the year to start, but it needed doing.
    3 hours of listening to tunes can’t be bad.

Out of interest, anybody heard of Texas garden machinery?
    I want a wheeled string trimmer to make my life easier when clearing the wooded area.
    ive heard their stuff is good.. Danish firm
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I am looking at something for the wooded area of my garden.
    I am torn between a wheeled string trimmer - Texas Pro Trim 600TR

Or a traditional brush cutter, which I can use anywhere. Like this one Echo SRM 3610 TU

I have an old Ryobi RBC40SB which is nearing the end of its useful life, and needs replacing soon.
    I also have a backpack brush cutter for the awkward bits of the garden.

I have about 1/2 an acre of this to do:
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

guessing it will depend on how much area is fairly open as the wheeled 4 stroke will be better by far. as long as you have one to get into the awkward bits i'd go with it. dunno price difference tho.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have about 1/2 an acre of this to do
    Get the wheeled one and give your back an easier time. It looks a useful bit of kit!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

I found the technique for brush cutting without a bad back a few years ago. Don't twist at the hips, but use your arms.
    My only concern with the wheeled one is a single speed, and the fact it has a Chinese "Rato" engine.
    The Echo is a sturdy bit of kit, and is only 6.5Kg.

I can't try the wheeled one before I buy, so it is a gamble.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

A similar machine:

Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Seems to do the job well, and this is not self propelled.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Well, I ordered the brush cutter, and not the mower version.
    I will report back on the state of my back after the first 3 to 4 hour session with it.

I went for this, as I have a few ditches that need clearing as well, and the mower version won’t fit.
    I may get the mower version next year....
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast