+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Kevin.

I have a week off next week. Time to attack the garden and get it looking tidy.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I have just pressured washed my block paving
    Common mistake.

Properly laid, block paving has the gaps between blocks filled with kiln dried fine sand to prevent movement. Pressure cleaning blows it out.

Yes, I know standard blocks have spacing 'pips', but the sand is still necessary.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Common mistake.

Properly laid, block paving has the gaps between blocks filled with kiln dried fine sand to prevent movement. Pressure cleaning blows it out.

Yes, I know standard blocks have spacing 'pips', but the sand is still necessary.
    Yep it sure is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guy.

They were properly laid - did it myself hardcore then sand whacker plated down. Kiln dried sand brushed between the gaps, bloody grass and weeds still started growing in the gaps.
    Been pressure washed a couple of times a year for the last three years - no movement Although I find it hard too see where they could move to as I cemented the outer blocks in to place.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Done a bit myself. I designed and had re-laid many well known shopping centres, hundreds of thousands of square metres!

Unlike most who oversee this kind of work, I actually served the apprenticship and qualified as a mason pavior in the dim and distant past
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Just the man then - could you tell me where they are going to move to, given that all outside edges are fixed
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Jerry.

Thanks fo all the advice. I agree about power washing blowing out the sand and causing weeds. The one time I did it the water bill nearly gace me a heart attack but I did the driveway, sides and patio over a weekend. I put more sand down but really you need to hire a plate vibrator to get it right down between the pavers.
    Grant, I would probably buy turf and try to get it level with the surrounding paving. I suppose I need to put about 50mm of soil underneath so it will depend on the amount of sand and gravel beneath.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jon.

Finally got round to digging up my old herb garden in readiness to be planted with creeping Phlox and creeping Thyme.
    Sadly the box hedge has suffered a bit over the winter, but it’s on the mend now.

Before..

And after..

I'm guy.

Excellent work - is the plan to put herbs in pots on the slabs?
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Jon.

Not really sure, but if i'm honest i only put the pavers back in because i didn't have enough gravel to cover the ground.
    The Phlox and Thyme will cover most of them i imagine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast