+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Jon.

I'm Dave.

Just gave the hedges out front a little tidy up. Bloody hedges drive me nuts - could be my OCD..

I'm Kevin.

That is one reason I refrain from planting a hedge
    Last edited by CageyH; 01-04-2020 at 13:31.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

Very wise.

We have yards and yards of hedges around the front garden, planted there to disguise the ponds and they are a right royal pain, needing to be cut on top and front and back sides every week or so. In places, they are quite high and up to 6 ft deep, so it's a stretch to reach across. I use a Ryobi batter powered long reach hedge trimmer but because the weight is all at the far end, it's unwieldy. I am thinking of investing in a Stihl long reach, as it's better balanced with all the weight at the operator's end. Seems to be what all the 'pro' gardeners around us, use.

I'm guy.

You trim your hedges every week or so
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Dave.

I can't stand the little bits poking up. They have to go. I like nice straight lines.

I'm Jerry.

As I am furloughed (sounds painful) I have been cleaning the moss from the patio by hand using one of those wire scrubber things on a stick. Mega job but better result than power washing I think.
    I have too much paving though and am thinking of taking up a section and either planting shrubs or grass. the block paving will be on sand and gravel-will I need to remove it all or could I just replace the sand with soil?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Dave.

Have you tried Patio Magic ? I bought a couple of containers of this after some friends said how good it is for removing/killing Moss and Algae. Apparently you just spray it on or apply with a watering can and the stuff just comes off. Haven't tried it yet, just waiting for the warmer weather.

No idea about the paving - sorry.

I'm guy.

Not an expert, but I would have though a couple of inches of topsoil over the sand/gravel would be fine for grass - after all, grass seems to be quite happy self seeding in the gaps between my block paving (also laid on sand/gravel with silver sand in the gaps between the blocks).

I have just pressured washed my block paving, really quite satisfying
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

leave sand as it will add good drainage(Fork it over too).. yup pop a couple of inches min of soil; more if you have it. get top of it a seive it so its very fine. level it and tamp it down a bit. sprinkle grass seed and cover with something if possible clear plastic with plenty holes is good or just use string with foil spinners.. it will help keep birds away.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast