+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Dave.

Anyone know what you're supposed to do with Christmas roses this time of year ? I mean the low growing shrub thingie and not Roses.

Do you cut down the leaves or keep them ?

I'm Grant.

dunno Dave. Normal roses you would cut back to 2 buds. Rosa regosa which is a bushy shrub that gets big if you let it and gives you hips you can cut back when the hips are gone after first frosts.. they are tough as old boots
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

I've got a big lawn so I've got a lot of cuttings , finally after 9 years I cannot get anymore in the compost area , the last week or so I've been forking it out into a barrow and using as weed suppressor . The dense , compactness of each fork load means its tough going so I do five barrow loads a day , nearly there . Here's to the next 9 years of mowing

I'm Grant.

i always let my grass go brown before composting it and added old compost to it in layers. green grass doesnt compost so well. once lawn is right height its just as good, nay better to let it lie on grass and cut it just a little a lot. it then self fertilises the lawn
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I see my flowerbeds are sprouting Goosegrass. That's the horrible stuff that leaves little sticky bobbles all over the dog and my clothes. I'll have to spray it with weedkiller, otherwise it'll take the whole garden over. It grows like mad and invades every place it can. I've had a problem with it for a year or two for some mysterious reason.

I'm Geoff.

Got the Goosegrass weedkillered. Glyphosate is weird stuff, you spray the weeds and nothing tends to happen for ages, then a week or so later everything curls up and dies. On Ivy, it can take two or three weeks to work. Give me big bag of Sodium Chlorate anyday.

I'm Grant.

got that goosegrass as well.. makes a mess of you
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I'm getting rid of it before it gets a proper foothold. It went bonkers last year, I was ripping up mountains of it.

I'm Dave.

Lovely day today. Been doing some gardening in between dealing with customers..

The driveway is pea shingle over tarmac, which looks nice but this Winter I have noticed quite a few patches of moss/algae growing. I saw some last Summer and gave it a dose of heavy duty weedkiller but it didn't seem to stop it growing and spreading. Any ideas what I can use, other than a flame-thrower ?

I'm Geoff.

Salt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast