+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So much for mowing the grass. The moment I mentioned it, the rain started and hasn't stopped!
    Still raining. So much for any gardening!

I'm Brian.

Same here Geoff . Yesterday I opened the garage door to get the lawnmower out and it started chucking it down . Five minutes later it stopped and never came on the rest of the day . Grass was too wet to cut of course

Not a cloud in the sky here this morning
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Think I'll hibernate.

I'm Grant.

lovely sunny morning. dead still too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I cut the grass earlier. First time this year, it looks much better. Seeded some bald areas too. Hedge next!

I try to do at least one useful job a day outside as soon as the weather becomes tolerable. I need to work off the stone in weight I put on over the winter.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Need to get mine cut soon. Its mostly miss and clover
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Default Is agent orange still available?

Last year we moved into a house with a garden that we knew was going to a major challenge/project

When we moved in the garden had been pretty much neglected for a year or more and had waist high stinging nettles mingled with brambles and a nice side order of brambles, in early autumn we paid a guy to come in with a brushcutter and effectively level everything.

Now growing season has arrived and we can see what may have been a lawn but with a fresh new crop of stinging nettles. Our plan is to reinstate the lawn and are thinking of hiring a rotivator as it needs levelling/flattening. I have treated the nettles with 15 litres (so far) of SBK brushwood killer and they do seem to be wilting nicely.

If we wait for the nettles to die off then rotivate and level the lawn will it be of to turf without removing all the nettle roots (albeit dead, hopefully) or will they all need digging out to prevent regrowth through the new lawn?

If the latter I may just concrete over the lot
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

If they are truly dead then cut off the tops where seed may be, as this can produce new plants. If you don't then they will probably come again. Interestingly nettles grow in good soil so your in luck that way
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post

If the latter I may just concrete over the lot
    We have just replaced our lawn with artificial lawn. Looks stunning. No more mowing, no more weeding, no more watering, no more spiking, no more fertilising. We got ours from here:http://bit.ly/2Z7FuRS
    but I'm sure that there are suppliers where you live.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Grant.

my daughter did her back with that stuff. its great. the kids love playing on it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast