+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The later you make the last cut of the year, the later you need to start in the following spring.
    My hedge is almost needing a trim. I'll give it another week or two, but that will definitely be the last cut until about the end of March.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My hedge is almost needing a trim. I'll give it another week or two, but that will definitely be the last cut until about the end of March.
    had mine done week or so ago. looking better and the bush in front of window too.. lots more light in room now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I must be a bit on the OCD spectrum because any little bits which poke up from the hedges drive me nuts. So, I'm constantly out there giving them a trim. Had a respite during the drought because they stopped growing.

Has anyone grown Agapanthus from seed ? The Agapanthus did really well this year but have now finished and covered in large seed heads. Is it possible to grow from these ?

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Has anyone grown Agapanthus from seed ? The Agapanthus did really well this year but have now finished and covered in large seed heads. Is it possible to grow from these ?
    Not a good idea - we have tried with little success. Better to just split the plants in early spring before they wake up from their winter hibernation.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Dave.

What is the problem frowing from seed ? Don't they germinate ?

I'm Grant.

yup, its a lot of work from seed and it will take 3 years til it flowers. not difficult tho. dividing plants is quick and easy way to get more plants without buying them.
    you pick the pods when they go brownish and keep them in a paper bag til they split. then remove seeds and put in a box with lid so no moisture or light gets to them. seed them in trays as per usual in spring. look after for a full year then plant out. dont over dampen them..use perlite etc, moist not wet
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Thank you. How do you know these things ??

I'm Geoff.

I think I'll cut the grass later if it stays dry. That should see it through to March with a bit of luck!

I'm Grant.

mine could do with a topping for the winter too. dont think it will grow much more now. mate came and tidied my shed yesterday so its much better orginised now; especially the bird food for winter and suchlike. snow shovel to the fore etc....not that i will be using it alas....i liked shovelling snow
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think I'll cut the grass later if it stays dry. That should see it through to March with a bit of luck!
    So much for mowing the grass. The moment I mentioned it, the rain started and hasn't stopped!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast