Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

Is that a Camelia in bloom ?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Is that a Camelia in bloom ?
    It was

I'm Dave.

Wow !!!

Unfortunately my soil isn't suitable for Camelias, Magnolias, Heathers, Rhodedendrons etc. They don't die, just hang on and don't put on any growth.

I'm Grant.

pretty bush.. my neighbour had lots of that when he was here. sadly garden has suffered since the left
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Wow !!!

Unfortunately my soil isn't suitable for Camelias, Magnolias, Heathers, Rhodedendrons etc. They don't die, just hang on and don't put on any growth.
    you could try growing them in big tubs.. fill them with an acidic compost and keep them out of wind..

something like this... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Westland-11...a-905802812059
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I have been successful with Azaelias in large tubs with Ericaceous compost but the larger shrubs need to be in the soil, either that or it's my fault for not looking after the larger shrubs as I should. I think to be successful you need to change something like 1/3 of the compost every year, feed regularly and repot into larger pots every couple of years. None of which I do regularly.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm not a gardener, more like a tidy-upper.

I'm Grant.

I have been successful with Azaelias in large tubs with Ericaceous compost but the larger shrubs need to be in the soil, either that or it's my fault for not looking after the larger shrubs as I should. I think to be successful you need to change something like 1/3 of the compost every year, feed regularly and repot into larger pots every couple of years. None of which I do regularly.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm not a gardener, more like a tidy-upper.
    my mum grew them; lots of them in back garden... they got huge if you didnt be very severe with them. garden did have a fairly acidic soil, and we added fresh stuff and fertilizer most years. if you were not careful the grew to 8 ft in one season if not pruned properly. those and roses, which i was inclined to look after; we had over 200 rose bushes... gotta be hard with them to and spray, spray, spray lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

We have around 50 Roses and thought that was a lot. They do well in our garden, which is South facing and clay but anything needing some acid is doomed.

I'm Grant.

We have around 50 Roses and thought that was a lot. They do well in our garden, which is South facing and clay but anything needing some acid is doomed.
    yeah, mums back garden especially was big but on a heavy slope as house was on a hillside really. so being clay and acidic it could be heavy going doing veg so we sculpted it into beds and grew flowers' mostly roses.(dug loads of manure and topsoil into the garden over years, all carried up a 1 in 6 slope) i liked roses as they minded their own business if to pruned and sprayed regular, and got flowers a good chunk of year. had loads in front and down side too. rhubarb grew well too so i got a lot of that too.. lots of manure
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I've been told that if I'm to spend less time going out to work, I will have more time for the garden Anita's not keen on the thought of a paid gardener doing what he does outside while I sit on my arse indoors playing records.

I can't be doing with corded power tools any more, so I've put an Ebay bid on one of these:

And I ain't doing stripes either. If she wants me to take on the lawn mowing, these are my terms.

Can't believe I'm getting excited about a bloody lawnmower, must be an age thing.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast