+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caiman SEG problem

I'm David.

Default Caiman SEG problem

Dear All,
    Are there any people in the East Manchester area that could help me out.
    I have a SEG, but I have tried, without result, to change the settings that allow the different sound modes to be applied.
    Could I ask someone who knows how to do it, to take mine and test it to see if it's operator error or it's machine problem.
    I'll drop it off and allow you to tinker then pick it up later.
    Let me know what it will cost me etc.
    Many thanks in anticipation
    Dave

I'm Mike.

Hi Dave,
    When you say you've tried - did you get the get the red status light blinking when you pressed and held the select button? If you did and didn't notice any difference in the sound then you're getting the same as me. I'm just assuming that the different modes manifest themselves with different sources / inputs.....????

I'm sure Stan will put us right ;-)

If the LED blinks a couple of times when you carry out the procedure to move to a different sound setting, then you are doing the change correctly. If it doesn't blink at all, then that is a different issue. It's not clear from the description which one it is.
    As for hearing any difference: this depends heavily on the music and on your listening position with relation to the speaker placement. On some settings and tracks you could be hearing a difference in the sound stage, whilst on others you would notice a change in the bass/midrange/tops.
    It's not a tone control, so the effects are not of the type that you would expect with say a bass or treble adjustment.

+ Reply to Thread