+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From Columbus, Ohio and Beyond

I'm David.

Default From Columbus, Ohio and Beyond

Brought up in Europe (Portugal, UK, USA) Lived in Porto, London, New York City and now Columbus, OH. Everywhere I have lived and traveled music has played a role. With far less travel am able to settle down in one place, acquiring gear and music.

I presently write, review and research for HiFi Pig based out of France and am a moderator of the 30,000+ member LP&TT Facebook Group.

It never gets dull, but does get interesting.

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

I'm Geoff.

Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Ah. Reviewing and moderating. You must be a busy guy, I know reviews soak up a lot of time.

Tell us what Hi-Fi you use and what music you listen to.

We'll look forward to your input. I'm sure you have useful info and experience.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi David, welcome to AoS
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

Default In response

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Ah. Reviewing and moderating. You must be a busy guy, I know reviews soak up a lot of time.

Tell us what Hi-Fi you use and what music you listen to.

We'll look forward to your input. I'm sure you have useful info and experience.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    In response:

Music first. My tastes run the gamut and and I am format agnostic. Analogue and/or Digital is fine by me, so records, compact discs, cassettes, and files (redbook & hi-res -> PCM + DSD). The list of what i don't listen to is dwarfed by what I do. Am at home with rock, pop, jazz, classical, folk, early country and experimental variations of the genres. Presently interested in music on the Command/ABC record label and only recently learned that the Sepia label has released a good number of them on compact disc.

As for my writing, besides HiFi Pig, i have been known to have a few letters to the editor published in Stereophile and some years back had one published in HiFi Choice when I was in the UK.

Equipment is varied:

Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo, Platinum Audio Studio, Mission 727, Wharfedale Denton 2XP
    Ampllfiers: Parasound Halo 2.1, BelCanto Design s300, PS Audio Stellar Amp, McIntosh MAC 1700, Tandberg TR200
    Phono Stages: Parasound ZPhono USB, NAD PP3i
    Turntables: VPI Prime Scout, Denon DP-300F (2), Pro-Ject RPM1, Rega RP1, Parasound LTD900
    Cartridges: Soundsmith Carmen, Sumiko Pearl & Oyster, Ortofon Red 2M, Rega Carbon, Audio Technica AT 95's and 91's
    Tape Deck: Nakamichi 500
    Cables: Audioquest, Transparent Audio, Cardas

And as for my moderation of the LP&TT group on Facebook, with 30,000+ members I am privy to a whole slew of perspectives on hifi and the industry across ages, genders and geographies. Never dull, always interesting.

I'm Grant.

welcome to AoS David. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Leo.

+ Reply to Thread