+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2017/18 ..How's your team doing?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just a question of money really. they have more than you. you have more than us. etc. Dont know who will win it but they will be potentially close dependent on draw. Barca and Real are other 2 I think. Juve have faded a little, as have Munich although still both top sides. Man C have the most expensive squad, but dont think they are good enough yet. All the English sides have a fair chance of making the 16. Teams like Celtic need a favourable draw and to play well to make it.
    Yup, that's a fundamental part of it, but when the players you've got only play to a fraction of their potential, then that compounds things further. What I liked about PSG, apart from their devastatingly good front line, is how hard they worked when they *didn't* have the ball, and how hard they press you to get it back. It's like what Celtic do to other teams in the SPL - only far better!

PSG aren't your typical tippy-tappy, passing possession team, like some of the Italian ones are, or the Spanish international side were a few years ago, although they can do that with considerable aplomb - they WORK their socks off too, and *that* for me, mixed with the world-class players they have in almost every position, makes them quite special.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

often top sides go down a gear when well on top as PSG did beginning of second and Celtic came out with a more attacking mind and gave them a few uncomfortable moments. Their goallie is better than many give credit for mind and he did enough to calm psg and then they went back to fast crisp passing and celtic faded out again.
    Its how hard they pass the ball that is superb for me. you start to think its on a wire or cgi A treat for neutrals but painful for you.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

often top sides go down a gear when well on top as PSG did beginning of second and Celtic came out with a more attacking mind and gave them a few uncomfortable moments. Their goallie is better than many give credit for mind and he did enough to calm psg and then they went back to fast crisp passing and celtic faded out again.
    Its how hard they pass the ball that is superb for me. you start to think its on a wire or cgi A treat for neutrals but painful for you.
    Yeah I agree with your point about their goalkeeper, who seemed very confident and assured, any time he had something to deal with, and also had great positional sense. I guess, you get what you pay for, as he wasn't exactly 'cheap' either!

I also agree with your last point, and how hard/well they pass the ball, which simply highlights their technical ability. As for the painful thing, yes a little, especially when the last two goals went in, but I'm a realist so wasn't expecting much out of the game anyway, just a better performance with more heart and belief from the players.

That was the most disappointing thing.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Think you will be better equipped when the injured players are back. Defence maybe should have been strengthened before window closed. they must have the money. Your off to Anderlecht next and at least a point is needed there, and think you can beat them if at best. Should be a good game
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Totally agree, Robin. They were overrun in midfield, which is so unlike Celtic. Ntcham, in particular, who'd looked really good so far this season, had a poor game and Armstrong didn't do much either, when he was on the park. And of course Roberts and Sinclair well also out of sorts.

Like I said, they were too passive and stood off PSG too much, which for me in a game that they knew they weren't going win, and at Celtic Park, was unforgivable. Far better having a right good go at them [leaving the park knowing you'd given your best], and getting gubbed, than being scared to lose the ball and sitting off them, with the same result!

However, let's not take anything away from PSG, who for me are every bit as good as Barca were last year, and who will no doubt do the same to many other teams on the way to the final - yes, on that form I think they're good enough. Indeed, along with Bayern Munich, we may well have two possible finalists in our group, which highlights the task that Celtic face playing these types of teams, especially when they're not at full strength.

Onwards and upwards, though!

Are you feeling more confident about your team now? There's defo a major improvement there compared with last season. I think if you can win your double-header with Partick Thistle, you'll have a good chance of getting something out of the upcoming game at Ibrox.

Marco.
    Seeing signs of improvement in the last few games, but would be surprised if take anything from the Celtic game

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Seeing signs of improvement in the last few games, but would be surprised if take anything from the Celtic game
    would agree with that....it used to be irrelevant as to form between the sides and these games were looked forward to by both but not now and that is the sad part, it isnt; in that the result is all but already decided, as is the league before a ball was kicked in the bookies paying out on another celtic league champ victory. In comparison English football is on the up still when most thought it would fade. its the potential unpredictability of it that keeps people glued to it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Think you will be better equipped when the injured players are back. Defence maybe should have been strengthened before window closed. they must have the money.
    Indeed, and the effect of not bringing in an experienced centre half, before the transfer window closed, was there for all to see last night, as it forced Rodgers into playing players out of position, and bringing in an 18-year old kid into defence, who although tried his hardest and did ok, was out of his depth at that level.

For me that's been BR's first significant mistake since he's arrived: not having enough signing targets lined up, when the Rivaldo transfer fell through. There should've been a 'Plan B', to fall back upon if necessary.

Your off to Anderlecht next and at least a point is needed there, and think you can beat them if at best. Should be a good game
    Indeed, although they'll be no mugs either, and so we can't get complacent thinking that they'll simply be the 'whipping boys', plus let's not forget that they'll also be seeing us in the same way!

We need to try and take points from other games too, which admittedly will be difficult. However, I reckon we could take something from the BM game at Parkhead, when the team will hopefully be at full strength. I think we've got hee-haw chance in Paris or Munich, though.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

wondering how Eufa view the fan attack on Mbappe too. that guy will not have many mates today
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

Its very sad, but the hard fact is that Scottish football is just terrible these days.

The days when Celtic and Rangers were competing at European level are now 40/50 years ago.
    Things move on, mainly due to money, but we are now a 3rd/4th rate football nation.

Even in terms of UK level, the standard of Scottish football is really bad. In European terms we are just terrible.
    Even Celtic, who are way ahead of the rest up there, wouldnt stand a chance in the English Premier, and in fact in my view would not win promotion out of the Championship.

I go up regularly to visit my dad and he likes to watch it on the TV. I cant believe the level Im looking out. Just such a low standard.
    Even my team, St Johnstone, look bad, and they are generally regarded as the most skillful team in Scotland.

Its such a shame, but I cant see anything changing.

I'm Grant.

watching the Spurs game v Dortmund. Great start 1-0 (Son)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast