+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

so now to the Gloop , this makes the turntable faster , contains oil , grease and oil, now in test's it will speed up the deck by upto .5rpm with one deck going from 28.8 to 33.1 . and hope when fully used it will climb just a little bit more ,

pete

I'm peter.

i have been experimenting with the feet and skate board wheels, now the thread on the Michell feet are 1/2 bsf and m6 , the m6 is to lock the top part onto the spider keeping the suspension in place, how ever the 1/2 then screws into the tender feet this seems to lock up in the foot , which is intended to be adjustable, you try and adjust it , it will ether not turn or will undo the M6 which inturn unscrews the suspension , to stop this,i am having a small adaptor made, to fit the rubber isolators and to screw into the feet , you just remove the top part of the michell foot and fit this , it would decouple the foot from the deck , for the first time , the suspension is now decoupled from the stand it sits on and you still can adjust the level using the foot , i will have some pictures next week ,
    stay safe
    peter

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    i have been experimenting with the feet and skate board wheels, now the thread on the Michell feet are 1/2 bsf and m6 , the m6 is to lock the top part onto the spider keeping the suspension in place, how ever the 1/2 then screws into the tender feet this seems to lock up in the foot , which is intended to be adjustable, you try and adjust it , it will ether not turn or will undo the M6 which inturn unscrews the suspension , to stop this,i am having a small adaptor made, to fit the rubber isolators and to screw into the feet , you just remove the top part of the michell foot and fit this , it would decouple the foot from the deck , for the first time , the suspension is now decoupled from the stand it sits on and you still can adjust the level using the foot , i will have some pictures next week ,
    stay safe
    peter
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    stay safe
    peter
    Great idea Peter...I'll be employing this method very shortly.....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm peter.

these will be made soon , because the tender foot uses an outdated thread 1/2 bsf , TPA has not got the tooling to make them at the end of this month ,fingers crossed,

I'm peter.

309 -310 this is my 309 set up as a 310 , now the proffessors may say this is impossible, but the difference in the 2 arms in not a lot , and to those who will say it is not in the correct spindle to cartridge position that is where the prototype device comes into its own , so now you can set the arm on the piviot point and move the cartridge to were you want , you can set the 309 on the same position as the V , but i prefair the 310 setting , the device decouples the cartridge from the tonearm and allows the user to put the stylus where ever they want , the one in the arm is to prove the consept , and is a rough prototype, but it works very well

I'm peter.

yes it is set on the correct position piviot to stylus, as well, checked with the sme 310 protractor ,

pete

I'm peter.

this isolates the foot from the chassis , it does not touch the foot , the center part of this is seperate and held in the rubber which houses a m6 thread it will have a cover , that is still being made, a simple and effect isolation anti vibration device used in industry ,but now converted to fit the normal michell foot

I'm peter.

the above does work , but added some wobble to the deck, that was not intended, and they have been put on the shelf with the rest of the failures ,
    however it has now been sorted, with a manufacturer making the required part with stiffer rubber , they work a treat , how ? they seperate the foot from the suspension , and seem to help reduce the surface noise on the LP, and also the sound stage seems to have grown , i am waiting on a parts to be made , before the final design is posted,

pete

I'm Alan.

I've tried the prototype out of Pete's Feet. I was going to wait for the newer version, before I posted anything on the forum..however, Pete has put his thoughts up, so here's mine...As Pete says, the protoype has a wobble with the original Michell feet fitted to this new isolation piece. I'm waiting for the new pieces to arrive to rectify this problem, which I'm certain will cure this little hiccup perfectly..on first listen, there is now near silence behind the music and there is near zero surface noise from the lp, even between the tracks, I'm listening hard for noise, but hearing next to nothing..This in turn is letting more of the music through...the micro dynamics are there in all their glory, along with the rest of mids, highs and bass. I've always had a problem with surface noise, but these wee isolation devices have near cured the problem...looking forward to receiving the finished units Pete...Madaleine sounds fantastic..every element of the tracks are shining through. Sade has never sounded so good..

P.S. no pics yet, till the finished design is ready..these again are another design, which allows the user to put the deck back to spec, with little effort...these feet will also work with the skateboard feet too, but I may change back to Michell's original feet yet, although I have tried the design with both the skateboard wheels and Michell's original feet, there is very little in it...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast