+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm Jeffrey.

Merry Christmas, Pete!

And a Happy New Year to all!

I'm peter.

Happy Christmas to you and happy new year to all off AOS , and far better one, fingers crossed and every other part if possible, time to remember loved ones,

I'm Adrian.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family Pete.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm peter.

Have a happy new year and keep safe to everyone and your families

ATB
    pete

I'm TAD.

Dear Peter,
    A Happy, better and safer 2021 to you and your family.

AND to all at AoS.
    Kind regards,
    Tad.

I'm peter.

Dear Tad all the best to you and your family i hope it is not too cold in Canada , keep safe
    pete

I'm peter.

i have been using the TPA psu , with out a doubt a good piece of kit , the cost is about the same as the HR , but with more control , it has fine adjustment to the front via 2 buttons,marked fast and slow, the 3 speed buttons mean i no longer have to move the belt, i had TPA make a single pulley now i don't need to flip the belt from one grove to another ,

TPA are busy with the making of bespoke HiFi gear , don't expect delivery the next day or week , all with the help of satisfied customers , i was glad i found them to machine the pylons and sell them,he has a lot to make,

I'm peter.

to keep this going , i have been experimenting with the same material TPA make the Pink Triangle arm boards from , it is not thick enough to make the arm board for the Michell , there are a lot of isolation devices for tone arms /cartridge devices , i have used several different pieces of material trying to decouple the cartridge from the arm for vibration purposes, not physically , but with limited success, the best i was told was the Cartridge mans isolation device, using a composite device of foam and stainless steel , the latest version used nylon pins, and threaded screws into the head shell the cartidge located with the use off the 2 nylon pins and double sided tapped to the device , i though of another way of doing this, and wanted to contact Len Gregory aka cartridge man , but sadly he has passed away last year , the idea may not go forward , it needed some one like Len to test ,and also i would not be treading on any ones fingers,

instead i have simply used the Composite carbon fiber and foam board and placed 2 2.5 mm holes at 2.7 mm center, this is now out for test , the mk2 for fixed head arms will need to be worked on a lot more , with the slot needing to be accurately lined up with the fixing holes ,

it is early days but the signs are very good for the fixed version ,
    any suggestions to improve the Michell Turntables are welcome, on this thread ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 16-01-2021 at 16:26.

I'm Keith.

What an excellent idea.

I'm peter.

The Cartridge Thing made it onto my TT, it is just the fixed version , with 2 more made and sent to 2 AOS members, to leave honest feedback on ,here or wam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast