+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm peter.

i seem to upset SA with the above but this was unintentional after are remark on facebook i will not repeat , all the upgrade solutions have drawbacks i should off put waxed thread and not cotton my apologies for that , my pylons are made of acetal /delrin . SA ones i think may be , Black African wood i think that is what the set i have are made off it may be a harder wood, they are very well finished,

i don't talk about how pete's pylons work ,i will even send you down a dark alley as the secrets are kept in my head , and i very really talk on how the Acetal /delrin ones work accept on wham as you all No i had help off this community to eventually to get them to work,
    i then gave them to TPA who has never said anything Bad against another company , so before this i was asked in a PM to change the name and put the price up , so i gave them to TPA to become TPA PYLONS ,job done, they put the price up but included the bearings and some sorbothane parts , in that price , job done , i have left it up to the owners all around the world to leave feed back , job done,

but i will NOT stop TPA from making them,as the are the innocent party that now make them , if people start to have a go on forums you should contact them and ask them to stop , in both ways as this is a two way street , with better things to come,

after all i completed the design with the help off the HIFI COMMUNITY that are benefiting from them , like all systems, not are perfect , i have the IP certificate for this final design , lodged by the government off the UK ,
    so i am sorry that some one feels grieved, but i did everything asked in the PM , and do not make them
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 26-09-2020 at 18:43.

I'm Alan.

Is that not like MacDonalds asking Burger King not to make and sell Burgers?? or am I missing something here?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm peter.

NO you are not , UK I P CERTIFICATION NUMBER 605573 under this agreement CEASE AND DESIST in contacting True point engineering ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 02-10-2020 at 19:02.

I'm peter.

TPA have changed the design a little bit to get around the acrylic being out , and also the need to measure both holes, all TPA needs now if the size off the center hole, which is normally 28+

pete

I'm William.

What more can I say, Peter (gwernaffield) is very helpful, provides great advice and generous. Having moved my Gyrodec from abroad to the uk it needed new o rings. The new o rings provided more support and provided me with something that I had only read about and that is a 3 D sound stage, I was quite taken back. It also now has all the other things that you read about, best summed up a wider and deeper listening experience.

If you have a gyrodec and not tried the pylons then I suggest you do, and best of all if you don’t like it, it’s reversible back to the original configuration without ant tell tell signs.

I have also carried out the other tweaks, like changing the support bearings again, just a few quid and totally reversible and I’m sure all contributes to the sound in their own way.

So thank you Peter, keep up the good work.

Best regards

Bill

I'm peter.

Thanks Bill, the latest ones don't need measuring now, as for the acrylic with the holes that are 2mm out that is sorted too,

pete

I'm Vince.

Every upgrade that I've had from Pete has wrought serious upgrades in sound quality. Clever, clever man and a gent to boot.
    Hope you are keeping well Pete.
    Take care
    Vince

I'm peter.

Cheers Vince i try and help where possible, the pylons have just had one hole opened up so no need to measure now,simple but still the same, it was done with the help off True Point Audio, so now they will not stick ,
    keep well , Vince , this covid is not going to disappear ,
    stay safe all off you

pete

I'm peter.

The pylons can now be bought with out measuring the holes now, after all the holes sizes i know what size they should be made, also one hole has been made a bigger to take into account the acrylic points being out ,

pete

I'm peter.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to every on on AOS ,
    pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast