+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm M.

Got the feet as well.Didn't say they were cheap,but hey you can't take it with you☺.Together they have made a big improvment to the sound.

I'm peter.

unfortunately due to cost out of my control they will be £75 , the person who is machining them is moving to spain , i have had to find another machinist to do these and the price was higher if you also take into account the cost of post ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 04-12-2018 at 14:37.

I'm peter.

Hi all i have taken the add down for now, this was due to being asked for better Pictures , well if the person needed them or wanted to copy them Good Luck , each deck is hand made , Nothing is Standard , accept the springs and bearings, each hole will be different in size,
    what has happened i have been accused of being a trader which i am not these were done to help michell owners tune or upgrade the decks, all of them done for that reason , but i cannot do this with out payment for the parts, it has snow balled from their , how ever if you want to make them you can just spend the 6 months of tryouts and failures ,to get to were the pylons are , there has been reviews from grateful owners who never pay upfront only ever pay what they cost to put together , in the prices their is about £12 in post , on every one ,as one product does not make a Business, the cost would have to triple to £250 , so it is not a viable prospect ,
    Bearing balls ,oil , plastic rings, etc all bought off eBay
    PTFE washers direct from Michell
    o-rings from Swansea,
    other parts eBay via China,
    pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 09-12-2018 at 13:32.

I'm peter.

hi thank you , they are still available but just as a hobby , so no rush , what i am still struggling with is why the springs do not work ,other than the frequencies being transmitted and the rotation of the chassis, which cannot happen with the replacements, every time i look at this the cost seems to go up ,as i do not machine the parts , so every time i order the parts they have gone up ,which is then passed on , Michell just never made the Deck Standard , with holes both metric and imperial , with the center nut being 3/8bsf the outer suspension thread being M10x1p , but the early version can be imperial one thread is no longer made any more so machine work is expensive in that case, the other is one of 2 imperial ones with the same TPI ,
    The holes in the base can change by 2mm , so trying to mass market them would be a nightmare every one made to order every one taking up to 6 hours , to produce and check pack and send , so as a viable product to be come a trader it would need to be far more , so they are just a way to keep my mind going , and helping members on this forum ,
    Pete

I'm Alan.

It's a bloody shame, when the pound sign raises its ugly head...I know you were making nowt on these Pete and were just making them for Michell owners to get the best from their tt's...It's a further shame, when you are accused of being a trader, by someone who will remain un-named (you know who you are)...the cost of these just about covered your outlay....but when you have a pie, everyone wants a piece, for nowt, even though you were making nothing....greed for gold...I couldn't be like them, shame on them...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm peter.

Alan thank you , i did another design just to help the springs , but that will never be seen on here,Michell are looking to see if that will help , they would of helped the suspension but not been in the league of the hook less ones, i have come to the end in this now so all the best , and have a great new year ,

I'm Adrian.

I have to say Pete that the more I listen to my GOrbe with the suspension mod you supplied the more I realise just how good it is with this mod. Everything is just more detailed and controlled.

I have also fitted the ceramic ball under the bearing and it is noticeably quieter. Toilet fitting next.

With respect to the springs not working as expected, have you considered that they might be oscillating at certain frequencies which would upset things greatly.

As others have said it’s a terrible shame others have tried to muscle in. The only way I could see prices being kept down is a larger volume order, but that is a big financial commitment.

Thanks for all your hard work, chat soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm peter.

to prove a point i have just had an email from a guy in Canada with regards to the suspension , the size of the hole is 35,2 mm , the smaller 29.4, he has seen the pictures of Alans deck ,but also it proves that the hole size can change on every deck out there ,
    he saw mr moons deck on here and knows that i am not a business and they may take a month or 2, depending on the cost, as his is a mk 2 the same as lostwins, he said after 33 years of use there was no rush ,
    AOS (Marco ) knows that this is just a hobby , and he is happy for me to keep posting , which with his permission ,
    when i have been asked for 20 a week it is then i know these are being taken seriously and i must then put a plan to turn into the dreaded trader with all the problems and pricing that will bring ,

I'm peter.

well it seems as though these have worked again ,on Vinces deck ,the more i hear the more that is helps to put the things correct , the hole sizes are now sorted with just the size of one of the components to sort out which has turned out to be very easy , to do ,

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    well it seems as though these have worked again ,on Vinces deck ,the more i hear the more that is helps to put the things correct , the hole sizes are now sorted with just the size of one of the components to sort out which has turned out to be very easy , to do ,
    Great to hear of another satisfied owner, hopefully they will let their friends and other owners know. The more I listen to mine the more impressed I am with this upgrade.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast