+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm Adrian.

Why are you not use the ball bearings that came with it or replacing then with ceramic ones already mentioned in this thread this will give you better isolation, yes you can still use a bit of rubber but I would advise using the balls. Read my previous reply to your original problems.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm peter.

you need to at least leave the bearing in the suspension tube it must be 7/32 , it keeps the correct height between the acrylic and the base of the pylons.
    the only extra bit needed is the little rubber pad, which will squash down to about 1 mm, and the ball sits on that , if you remove the ball the adjuster will be hitting the acrylic , or sitting on the acrylic , which will damage the deck , as there is only about
    .25mm when the ball is fitted to the base of the tube clearance,
    Last edited by struth; 09-05-2019 at 10:16. Reason: re solidair

I'm Adrian.

Second that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    read the posting , the orbe bearing used the ceramic uses alumiu oxide, ball , unless you have the feet to go with the string and wood they will not work as they are part 2 of his upgrade path not my words but his,
    , you can use the ceramic ones in the pylon tubes, or the delrin , you will have to ask some one else about the string and wood pylon , i will not comment LOL

pete

need i say more
    Have a rectangular ISObase, from Steve Rolland at Michell, under the ORBE, with shoes under the tender feet.

I have read the entire thread, and wasn’t clear which material worked best where - so Ceramic in the main bearing & the Delrin ones in the suspension posts, is a good place to start?

Thanks, Simon

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Simes_pep View Post
    Have a rectangular ISObase, from Steve Rolland at Michell, under the ORBE, with shoes under the tender feet.

I have read the entire thread, and wasn’t clear which material worked best where - so Ceramic in the main bearing & the Delrin ones in the suspension posts, is a good place to start?

Thanks, Simon
    The Delrin balls will be very good in the suspension towers...and may well be to your taste...However, I have tried the Delrin balls on my Gyrodec and the Aluminium Oxide Ceramic balls are by far the best option for me...in both the suspension towers and the main bearing....to get the best from the Alu Ox ceramic balls in the suspension..I advise on using the 8mm dia x 3mm thick sorbothane discs under the balls...your sound stage and stereo image will improve leaps and bounds.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm peter.

what no wood or string Mr Moon

I'm Adrian.

what no wood or string Mr Moon
    Actually a highly dense hard wood spacer under the arm mounting plate could have great benefits as wood grain can damp frequencies travelling through it. Might try ebony or buloke if I can find some.

I'm peter.

Actually i have a large block of ebony doing nothing , but i use a carbon fiber arm board and a dense plastic spacer so that is good enough , the weight of the wood would be too heavy with the sme arm ,max weight 1,1kg according to Michell , But it would also depend on how thick you made the arm board ,
    pete

I'm Adrian.

Actually i have a large block of ebony doing nothing , but i use a carbon fiber arm board and a dense plastic spacer so that is good enough , the weight of the wood would be too heavy with the sme arm ,max weight 1,1kg according to Michell , But it would also depend on how thick you made the arm board ,
    pete
    I presume there must also be a minimum weight as well.

I'm peter.

dont no it was Mr Nye said it could not be more than 1.1 kg , never asked about the minimum ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast