+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

i am happy you are still enjoying them ,, as you know that the cost is lower then it should be with a total loss on the first sets,,and continuing to keep to that was not an option ,, with the machine shop set up fee of £90 per set and then the cost of the run
    Michell have changed the sizes of the holes again in 2017 ,,,also there seems to be a lot with 6 different size size holes, 3 top of the chassis and the 3 under the chassis ,, have gone from an average of 34.8 to 33.5 . 33.7 33.2 small size 28.9 ,,to 27.8
    it would be easy for me to make them under size, but then the chassis will slip,,the whole point is to stop this with out the use of a secondary device like feet or string ,, or the need to drill the chassis to do that ,,
    every set is a one off ,, to fit that specific Gyro /Orbe, and not put together with some string ,,

with regards to who is making them that is a secret ,, they are on sale , through me,,, but a new website will be launched,,
    recently i was asked how they work , if i put that i might as well not make them, , there are fans of these and fans of solidair pylons both have different principles,,both go about this in different ways,, Mine from an engineering back ground and i will not comment on the back ground of solidair as i do not know,, and will not leave Derogatory remarks,,about a competitors product ,,
    oh and apparently i am a very unhelpful person ,, who is angry ,, LOL ,, on pfm thank you for this and the interest in my product

pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 13-04-2019 at 16:28.

I'm peter.

After reading the comments and many questions , all I can say is this. In my humble opinion I think these Pylons, that I have designed and had machined, are a vast improvement over the oem springs, I do not have any graphs and I do not do misleading reviews, or make any sort of misleading claims, and I cannot answer technically, as to how they work except to say, with the 100% positive feedback, from the people who have invested in them, that they improve the performance of the turntable they are fitted too, to a very high level.

The proof of the pudding, is in the tasting, which has been left to the Turntable owners who have purchased them, from all around the globe. The feedback which has come back, is 100% positive. Every single buyer is delighted, with the results they have, from fitting this pylon upgrade.

They fit the Gyro, Orbe, and Odyseey ,, Gyro 'SE' old and new,, The springs are replaced with 18 0 rings, which are suspended on a very special machined castle nut and a base made by an engineering company to my design.

I have not got any test sheets, to show anyone and will not pretend that I do.

I do not know anyone who will provide a test sheet or a test house to do this.

I rely on my ears and the ears of the many users of my Pylon design, who report back to me with their findings, which as of to date, is100% positive feedback.

At present, you can buy the pylons from True point audio., who also manufacture upgrade parts for pink triangle turntables and SME arms , until we can get a web site up and a trading standards approved ad.

All the very best and thank you all, for your interest and feedback in my pylon design.

Pete

Thank you tad i forgot about the odyssey and i own one lol
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 16-04-2019 at 18:22.

I'm TAD.

Peter,

Please don't forget The Odyssey. Your pylons and ceramic ball replacements certainly worked on my deck.

Well done. I was a bit sceptical at first, but the WOW factor took over.

A picture of my Odyssey in in this thread somewhere.

Kind regards.

Tad.

I'm peter.

thank you for the interest in this product ,

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Michael,

Yes, you're correct, but Peter has already paid for a trade account. He's just waiting to come up with a name for the business, with his partner, and then his trade room will be opened, and things will move forward from there

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Alan.

Ooo trader...you dark horse....Excellent....best wishes Peter with your venture...I wish you every success...Big Al...
    'ANSOM IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Sugden Headmaster headphone/pre-amp, Class AB VMP dual mono bullet power amp, Roksan Darius speakers, REL Storm III, Target R4 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm William.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Michael,

Yes, you're correct, but Peter has already paid for a trade account. He's just waiting to come up with a name for the business, with his partner, and then his trade room will be opened, and things will move forward from there

Marco.
    How about ĎPylons R Usí

Good luck Peter - iím Still enjoying mine

Best Regards

I'm peter.

Thanks Big al and bill it still has not got there yet, as long as the Tax is paid,i am happy ,, the real add will be then placed.
    The thread has never had a trading name,or will ever have one, Cheap up Grades is meant to help the owners of the Gyro and Orbe their has never been a trading name or a trading address,,

all the best pete
    Last edited by struth; 18-04-2019 at 09:15. Reason: removed unneeded parts

I'm Grant.

peter and michael, will you both cut this out. i will be going through this thread and any posts deemed out of order will be deleted. consider it a warning.
    lets move , thanks.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

i note that Grant (and also Geoff) have had to step in and deal with a little 'fracas' earlier. Please remember guys that we don't allow 'baggage' from elsewhere (other forums) to spoil discussions here, so leave that stuff where it belongs.

Also, could everyone (especially Michael) please remember that Peter is essentially an official trader here. The only difference is that because he's still to finalise a suitable name to trade under, he's not yet been given the appropriate title, or a dedicated room to use to promote his products.

However, this thread (and any others like it that Peter chooses to post), which will be moved into his trade room in due course, acts as a permitted advert for his products, and his right to promote his new business as a registered trader. Therefore, the stipulated rules on 'Thread Crapping' on trade threads apply here too, as indeed they would if this thread had been posted in the trade room. In future, punitive action, in the form of a week's ban, will be taken against anyone seen to break those rules, which some of the recent (now deleted) posts would've qualified as.

Therefore, please bear that in mind, and from now on let's keep this thread strictly constructive and on-topic. Cheers!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast