+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

Hi Steve pm sent

I'm peter.

The spider /base posts seem to be out of alignment on some decks , to find out measure them with a tape measure, one may be upto 2mm out in which case , you can take the bush out and let me know and i will get a new smaller base made,to accommodate
    the posts not aligning up ,or open the hole up and the bush and see how that works, if all three adjusters are too tight send them back and i will get them re machined smaller to take into account the spider or base being out ,
    the distance should be equal between the suspension posts,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 21-01-2019 at 21:59.

I'm peter.

This the Orbe From Hell the pylon post was out by 2mm , new base had to be made and took 2 weeks to sort with the aid of the understanding and helpful owner

I'm Konstantinos.

Default Hello from Greece: Upgrade My Michell Gyrodec springs suspension

Due to web search I saw that I can replace the original springs suspension with somekind of wood pylons with string attached from a company called Solidair Audio and also from a guy who make custom pylons with named Peter ( gwernaffield ) and is a senior member at this forum.
    I would like to contact with Peter email regarding a custom made pylons for my Gyrodec.
    Any help more than welcome.
    Thank you in advance for any help!

I'm Michel.

Hi Pete,

Please send me a pm about the pylons. Still a newbie so cant pm yet.

Thanks.
    Michel

I'm peter.

just a quick upgrade , for the ones with the split suspension , cut a 8mm disk out of 1mm rubber or sorbothane 3mm remove the split suspension adjuster , remove the ball , place the 8mm rubber pad on top of the small shaft , put the adjuster with out the ball back on to the small shaft , the rubber will stick to the top of the adjuster , remove and insert the ball , if you want to add a second pad to the top of the small shaft as well , put the adjuster back on the shaft ,and that is that instant isolation ,

I'm Vince.

I,ve got the pylons and replaced the steel bearings with ceramic bald and Wow. What an upgrade, it sounds like I have changed my amp or phono stage or cartridge.....the improvement is that big. Now I have got the 8mm rubber pads in the shaft as well and WOW WOW WOW. The stereo image and separation have taken another step up the ladder. I'm listening to a lot more vinyl now, it is just so more listenable. Stunning.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I,ve got the pylons and replaced the steel bearings with ceramic bald and Wow. What an upgrade, it sounds like I have changed my amp or phono stage or cartridge.....the improvement is that big. Now I have got the 8mm rubber pads in the shaft as well and WOW WOW WOW. The stereo image and separation have taken another step up the ladder. I'm listening to a lot more vinyl now, it is just so more listenable. Stunning.
    Thats sounds great, I’ve done the pylons and going to do the rubber pads next week, so looking forward to getting the WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

This may sound like a naive question, but how do you cut a precise 8mm hole in sorbothane - is there a crafty way of doing this?
    Michell Orbe
    Origin Live Encounter MK3C arm
    Benz Micro Wood S
    Cyrus Phono Signature and PSX-R2 PSU
    Primare i30
    Marantz CD17 with Superclock 3 mod
    IPL S2TLK CD3 Ribbon Transmission Line speakers in light oak.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by fingle View Post
    This may sound like a naive question, but how do you cut a precise 8mm hole in sorbothane - is there a crafty way of doing this?
    Hole punch? Personally, I'd look for a bit of 8mm metal tubing and sharpen the end edges, then bang it through the sorbothane or rubber sheet with a mallet.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast