+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

no it is too big i should of put inner diameter , cross section is about 1.5mm

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    no it is too big i should of put inner diameter , cross section is about 1.5mm
    Oh I get you now
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm peter.

so i had the truepoint power supply upgraded this was because i had put a 7watt 24volt core-less motor in the pod, i asked charlie to change the button lay out also the color of the front , which he has done,, the button led lights have been made dimmer ,
    although the first power supply would drive the motor the new one has been made just for the 7 watt version ,

Last edited by gwernaffield; 18-06-2020 at 23:11.

I'm Stuart.

Default Gyro Upgrades

Looking good Pete!
    Hope its sounding sweet.
    Last edited by Transparent67; 19-06-2020 at 13:05.

I'm peter.

it seems better than the HR , i dont have to disturb the belt to change the speed, and the 78rpm will snap your fingers if caught in the platter weighs, although i have no 78lps, sounds really good ,

I'm peter.

so i have just had an email off truepoint with regards to the PSU , here is a copy which i agree with

Hi Charles,

I promised you a short review of the True Point Audio PSU for my Michell Gyrodeck SE so here it is.

"I recently purchased a True Point Audio PSU for my Michell Gyrodec SE which I did after a little research to see what was available as an alternative to the Michell HR Power supply. I wanted to upgrade as the power supply that comes with the Gyro is quite basic and I found it to be not so stable as I had to quite regularly adjust the turntable speed and to do this you have to unscrew the PSU to adjust a small screw which controls the speed. The reviews of the Michell HR PSU were all mainly very good but I read that once again there was a little adjustment to be done on the speed which meant accessing a small speed control screw at the back of the PSU which is better than having to take it apart as you have to do with the supplied PSU. Given some thought to this I decided to look around for alternative solutions which is where I came across the True Point Audio PSU for the Michell Gyrodec. Truepoint make some mighty fine upgrades for both Pink Triangle and Michell TT’s and their PSU’s where plug and play with the fabulous advantage of being able to adjust the TT speed from 33.3 to 45rpm or 78rpm at the push of a button with no fiddling about with the TT belt.

Having spoken to Charles at True Point Audio I took the plunge and ordered the Truepoint Audio PSU, which was quickly delivered and you also get to choose which colour lights you would like on the PSU. The PSU was a simple swap for the original one and the belt on the TT is set on the 45rpm position on the motor pulley and that’s it you do not have to touch the pully again as the PSU will now do every thing for you. Press the 33.3 button and away you go the RPM is rock steady and after a few weeks the PSU and my Gyrodec sound absolutely superb no hint of wow or flutter from the turntable, the sound has tight deep base and great overall clarity and detail to the sound, I could not be more happier. This really is a great product and a great improvement for the Gyrodec, which I would highly recommend as an alternative to the Michell HR PSU, with the key advantage of being able to adjust TT speed at the press of a button and I can now also now play 78’s on my Gyrodec SE if I have a mind to. The True Point Audio provide a great product, great service from Charles and I would highly recommend this upgrade to anyone."

Please use as you see fit Charles, I hope that you are well.

Kind Regards

Kevin

I'm Ian.

Thsi thread is a long read but its well worth persevering as even some of the simplist of things mentioned make a noticable improvement. and they are all easily removed for orginality.

A big thank you to Peter for taking the time and trouble to post on his research and his helpful guidance on what works best and where to source.

I'm peter.

Thank you Ian , for the kind comments, i am not sure the thread will stay , i just cannot afford to keep up payments, i am not a dealer and never have been , how ever i have paid to keep the thread going which i have now ended, although i will always voluntary subscribe to AOS,
    enjoy the small upgrades you have done, and you know they can always be removed, as you own a mk1 gyro ,a very good mk1 is hard to find, and you wanted to stay with the originality of the deck , we just upgraded the bearings ,changed the solid adjusters to split , leaving room for you to decide if you want to change to Pete's pylons at a later date or not ,, the new type bearing may need you to change the platter as well, if you want to stay with originality i would not change due to the cost £380 platter , £155 bearing ,, all the best
    pete

I'm Ian.

Hi Pete, the deck has a serial number in the low 4000, so it must be pretty early but has the later inverted bearing. The great thing about your mods, is they work well. Are cheap, fully reversible and easily fitted

I never realised you were classed as a dealer, you certainly didnt make any money out of me, but, and have to pay for this thread, it will be a loss to others if it dissappears.

I'm peter.

Hi Ian there was an argument a while back and in order to protect this thread i had agreed to pay a fee, to stop it being removed, the fact it was helping owners did not mean a lot,just to get some one shouting you are a dealer ,
    Marco has been great ,and i paid the yearly fee,
    how ever i just cannot keep paying for this, i never have made money out of this thread and never will do , it was never intended for that , i was sick of being asked to pay £10 for a ball bearing , and also did not want to see the deck lagging behind the newer turntables,the turntable was starting to do that ,

so i just put my experiments on here ,with the help off other members the pylons were made, that is when i was accused of being a dealer , which is far from the truth , anyhow that is last year and a new year has started, so now i can help owners were needed,
    Mr Ian enjoy the deck , you still can go further at a later date, that is entirely up to you , all the best pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast