+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

NO you are not , UK I P CERTIFICATION NUMBER 605573 under this agreement CEASE AND DESIST in contacting True point engineering ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 02-10-2020 at 19:02.

I'm peter.

TPA have changed the design a little bit to get around the acrylic being out , and also the need to measure both holes, all TPA needs now if the size off the center hole, which is normally 28+

pete

I'm William.

What more can I say, Peter (gwernaffield) is very helpful, provides great advice and generous. Having moved my Gyrodec from abroad to the uk it needed new o rings. The new o rings provided more support and provided me with something that I had only read about and that is a 3 D sound stage, I was quite taken back. It also now has all the other things that you read about, best summed up a wider and deeper listening experience.

If you have a gyrodec and not tried the pylons then I suggest you do, and best of all if you don’t like it, it’s reversible back to the original configuration without ant tell tell signs.

I have also carried out the other tweaks, like changing the support bearings again, just a few quid and totally reversible and I’m sure all contributes to the sound in their own way.

So thank you Peter, keep up the good work.

Best regards

Bill

I'm peter.

Thanks Bill, the latest ones don't need measuring now, as for the acrylic with the holes that are 2mm out that is sorted too,

pete

I'm Vince.

Every upgrade that I've had from Pete has wrought serious upgrades in sound quality. Clever, clever man and a gent to boot.
    Hope you are keeping well Pete.
    Take care
    Vince

I'm peter.

Cheers Vince i try and help where possible, the pylons have just had one hole opened up so no need to measure now,simple but still the same, it was done with the help off True Point Audio, so now they will not stick ,
    keep well , Vince , this covid is not going to disappear ,
    stay safe all off you

pete

I'm peter.

The pylons can now be bought with out measuring the holes now, after all the holes sizes i know what size they should be made, also one hole has been made a bigger to take into account the acrylic points being out ,

pete

I'm peter.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to every on on AOS ,
    pete

I'm Gary.

Same to you Pete,
    All the best mate.

Gary.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Alan.

yeah +1...all the best Peter and family..and here's hoping for a nicer, more healthy and peaceful new year..x..hope you are enjoying your new speakers bud...they look superb..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast