+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm Andy.

Glad for those who have changed the arm board and heard improvements.
    Seems to be no end of tweaking is available with these decks
    Main system:

Digital.
    Philips DCC 730
    Technics SL-PJ28A CD Player
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Firebottle OTP MKII Phono Amp
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. A&R P77 cart (Paratrace by Expert) VSPC MM Phono Amp
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+ (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Amp.
    Burson Bang V6 Classic (Pure Sound A30 going into storage soon)
    Speakers
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477
    Headphone Amp
    Myryad Z40 (also used as a pre amp)
    Backup Speakers.
    Heybrook HB1, TDL RTL2, Some home made concoction...
    Backup Amps
    Audiolab 8000a, Armstrong something or other, Amstrad Quadraphonic something or other, home built EL34 power amps.....

I'm peter.

Hi All i think i have just about done what i could afford to do and then pass it on to anyone who wants to buy them off truepoint,, it has been a long slog ,, with help from members, all i can say is now sit back and enjoy the Michell Turtable at its very best , or just leave it the way it was ,, all the upgrades /tweaks can be reversed ,with no problems to the original michell set up , it will always be a Michell Gyro or Michell Orbe,, not mine or truepoints,, thank you for the kind comments on the new armbaords,, which had a bad start with one being made wrong ,and has been sorted out ,, the rest being spot on , i have left all the comments to the users of the armboards and the pylons,, last sets went to the Netherlands , then to liverpool , and canada , armboards to uk , canada ,

atb
    pete

I'm TAD.

Hi there Peter and AOS friends,

I'm just in the process of finishing off my Odyssey with the new armboard. The look is fab. The sound for the basic deck is now , well, awesome. I still have to put into effect some tweaks for the base. ( Target speaker spike protecters for the feet together with SDS anti vibration plates. ) A few simple rubber grips to make sure that the motor base stays put appears to work too. My thanks to you Pete, for making a good deck now sound outstanding.
    Aaah, now back to the vinyl, which should keep me going over the next few winter months here in Montreal, where it can go to MINUS 40C, yep that's right! Santa needs his anti-freeze and windscreen washer fluid, which is rated to Minus 45C. A big difference from UK winters.
    To all Michell owners who have these additional parts in their decks, enjoy the extended lease of life which the decks have been given by Peter's contributions.
    Cheers!
    Tad.

I'm Vince.

Hi, as I promised here are the photo's of my new arm board from Peter.
    Myself and Alan, (Mad-Moon) are sitting listening to the Korgis and Buffalo Springfield. It is absolutely astonishing the improvement this has made to my Turntable, Alan is sitting with his jaw hitting the floor, and myself.

[IMG]IMG_0004 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0003 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0004 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm peter.

hi vince , good to see, i notice you put the spacers back becuse of the height of the carridge i presume, i just designed them , you have to speak to Charlie who makes them and will sell you one, they are all made one at a time, bespoke ,
    due to the nature and the cost of material , time involved , they are not a Cheap thing ,, They are a Full Armboard and not a armboard Ring ,, held on by nylon screws seperated by a o ring , to michell specification ,,although Michell, have nothing to do with the design or manufacture or Gert Pederson
    , it is just logical to make the board out of acrylic,, as long as the weight is correct to what i have been told by Michell , so now you get the benefits of the acrylic made into a full armboard,, with the added weights so the board will be the correct weight ,
    it seems daft to ask how heavey the arm is you are using ,it is so he can work out the weights required , the board is drilled with 12 holes to take 12 weights,, as i have a techno arm i can weigh it with the board ,, until it weighs the correct amount for the board to work,,
    dont be surprised if you are asked by Charlie to weigh the arm you are using ,,

enjoy the music
    pete

I'm Vince.

Just to clarify, Pete designed the armboard and I got mine off him but it was made by true point audio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647