+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

The suspension will be supplied with the adjusters , so they are easy to fit , the internal 28.5 is the same as Michell and now the 33.7 is the same as the Michell suspension so all little problems have been sorted, as Michell has kept the 28.5 all the way through ,from the imperial to metric , The main problem being the Adjusters which i will supply from Michell , this will help in the plug and play part ,
    as for rotation on the chassis . i am 100% positive the suspension reduces this to a very noticeable when these are installed , i have had a gauge made to check the sizes of all the parts now, pre 2014 34.76 and after 2014 33.76, which is now the std size
    with the 28.5 being std through out apart from the pain thickness that i cannot do anything about ,
    , i understand that this will put the cost up , but the alternative is to send the adjusters , which is not what i intended , and will hold this project up ,

I'm peter.

All the Best to Every one have a great and safe new year

I'm Alan.

Why should you buy these pylons? Why should you invest in any of the inexpensive upgrades for your Gyrodec or Orbe, why are ceramic balls better than steel on these decks. These upgrades lower vibration to an exceptionally low level, there is less friction, less movement, lowering noise..little or no metal to metal interaction if you do all the upgrades, therefore you will be hearing a lot more of the music when it reaches your ears..I've done the majority of the upgrades including the new pylons and boy they work a treat. It's up to you should you wish to employ these clever tweaks, no ones arm is being twisted...So anyone asking the question, why should I buy, the answer is..you don't have to..it's advice and very good avice at that..and your choice to act on it..or not.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm peter.

Hi Alan , as you know what the pylons do , and want to keep them to your self lol...., well i agree there is not a sales man among us , The benefit of the Pylons Bring is vast..... in every sense of the word, No Dealer or Retailer are involved ,and to hear the difference you have to BUY them , even with the Bush problem Now sorted , i just cannot get them back,
    So yes you are not Forced to Buy them at all , it is up to you to seek out some one who has them fitted and have a good listen or ask their honest advice off the users......
    , The little Tweaks on here have been done to help the owners of these Turntable's get the Very best out of them with out needing a very large bank account ,
    with all that said , the cost of the pylons compared to other products seem Too Cheap , and i was told that they would not work , to use sorbothane under the feet , well that would not work in a million years, the Chassis would still want to twist , so now the bearing replacement , that came about after a certain Manufacture put the same bearing Ball in the Orbe-R , so what was good enough for that seemed to be the best for the gyro , lowering the noise floor off the bearing given less noise into the platter and on into the cartridge ,
    Then the balls in the towers , i used Delrin but after some advice from Alan i changed to Ceramic , which has made a difference , to the mid's ,
    The Oil i use is a mix of Mobil 1 and zx1 super lube but only do that if you have a HR power supply so you can adjust the speed , you will notice several other things on my deck the center spindle is Delrin ,which holds the bearing ball, the arm board is made from carbon fiber , there are 4 spiders and the complete case, the motor is 3kg ,
    all of this over 2 years , but the best i left to Last ,the Pylons, over the last 3 years , to get them correct , they took a fortune , learning that the cost involved in One offs machining wise is very expensive ,
    Michell Changed sizes due going from imperial to metric, caused problems , and then the adjuster seems to have a 100 different sizes , the threads are different , there was 2 different imperial sized threads , but the metric one is under size to allow for the Chrome ..

please Note there are 2 types of suspension , the original solid version they will be imperial , then the new split version with the adjuster Metric and imperial in the early ones,
    You Are Correct Why should you do any of the advice , You Owe it to your Michell Turntable to let it give you the very best for the investment you have made in these iconic turntables. and not add string wood or plastic padding ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 03-01-2019 at 21:54.

I'm peter.

i thought i would show the difference of the adjuster so
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 03-01-2019 at 15:26.

I'm William.

Hi Peter

I have a Gyro and I’m interested in your mods can you please send me details.
    Many thanks
    Regards
    Bill

I'm peter.

all the details on the mods are on here if you need to just send me a pm .
    peter

I'm Martin.

Default Interested

Hi Peter,

I'm interested in buying a set of your new pylons. Are you still making them?
    If so, what do you need to know from me in terms of sizes? Is it the diameter of the bottom spring support or the diameter of the hole in the chassis where the springs go?
    Would it be easier if I sent the spring assembly to you?
    Last edited by fingle; 05-01-2019 at 16:25.

I'm peter.

these are the last to be made pete

I'm peter.

The reason above was because of the problem with the adjuster , this is easy to fix on some decks but not on the orbe, it seems as though the suspension post is out of alignment , or the weight of the platter has caused the spider to bow, it happens on the gyro as well , over time, so now the base has to be made lose fitting , i am experimenting on how to stop the chassis from rotation , but still using the same way of location , of the adjuster maybe using a soft rubber washer , or a foam rubber like sorbothane
    on top of the base, so the chassis weight stops the rotation with the help of the rubber washer

peter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast