+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicals View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is that? Theres been some quite imo libellous statements made by Peter about Solidairs products on this thread, so surely that would mean open free discussion and if wanted, a public defence by Solidair?
    you also require to have your name posted in the box provided..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm peter.

after looking at the base of the spring holder i need help with a small but significant cheap upgrade,, i need to know the inner size of that ,, where the suspension adjuster goes through,, the one i have is 17.96 ,, to 17,97 ,, in diameter ,,
    the base of the spring holder hole only ,,

The design uses the existing Michell Suspension pylons with a quick but cheap way to help stop wow,

pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 09-05-2019 at 14:41.

I'm peter.

and you will only need 2 cost with post off eBay will be about £25 ,., so you could say these are pete's suspension supports to go with the rest of the cheap upgrades,, they will be made to order and shipped when ready ,, no o-rings attached just the small delrin bush ,, which any one can make,,
    pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 09-05-2019 at 15:28.

I'm peter.

The threads on a Michell deck are as follows,, the m6 for the stub adjuster , the half inch bsf for the feet ,, the bug bear is the adjuster is a M10 but which one??? there are 3 ,, M10 x1 M10 x 1,25 M10x.5 ,lucky i phoned Michell to find out M10 x 1
    The threads on the bearing , to stop you damaging the thread on the top spindle it is a 3/8 BSF,,you would need 2 half nuts to remove the spindle,, please do not use a pair of mole grips,, The top thread on the Orb is a multi start thread M6 ,, ( this may be incorrect as it is very hard to check with out the correct tools) ,
    the thread that holds the arm board is M5 ,,
    there is one more on the old suspension it is 3/8 bscy,,
    how the castle nut came about ,, on here ,,, no were else,, or the base,, they were done after trying to avoid the hooks,, holes, etc ,, i was asked could i not make the pylons( a design principle word ) accepted for use by every one, in the world,,
    after several hours i sat down with a friend and we went through how to avoid the holes,, etc and the suggestion of the slots were born after some large ciders and dodging my mates tractor ,,

the problem was the cost ,, how to do the slots,, i asked several companies, to do them but the price scared the skin off my wallet,, so i bought a bench drill and a cheap compound Chinese table,, now how would you do the slots that you needed .buy an expensive dividing head ,, or do a quick and cost effective way of doing the slots, which i did ,, using a tooling Pin the blank was loaded and a printed version was used as the template ,,

Follow the template and use a end mill to do the slots all were done like this until i could not longer do them ,, the rest have been done by the engineering company and audio company that i trust to do a very good job,,

The pete's performance pylon kit was born, with bearings off eBay ( 4,50 each ) sorbothane used on some parts that is expensive ,, the bearing bush that is about £2 ,,
    all made the kit ,, which is only available through Truepointaudio,, or Truepoint precision engineers,, the design has again changed today with the addition of a flange off one of the members who i asked to look at this , with clear eyes and head, to be able to produce the kit with a std size, after the last set went to the UAE ,, the smallest ever ,, there was a concern that the base would pull threw the hole if they get smaller ,,,Michell has the wright to change there design on the deck and have done,,

i have had to do the same to the bases,, due to Michell design changes,,
    There is another design being used by 2 members and my self ,, on test ,, for the future ,, the super base and nut are not quite there ,, and will not be sold for months to come,,

in the meantime there is a STD version no measurement needed will give about 85% of the custom ones, price is set by true point on them, which will NOT have the bearings ,, extra o-rings,,etc ,, a quality product , the main difference will be the fit will be a little bit looser than the custom ones which will have all the parts needed ,, that all the reviews have been raving about ,,and will not reduce the wow as much ,,
    i don't own the name it was given to them by the users,, i did not set the price it is Truepoint and he is happy at the margin ,, being machine shop and retailer ,, with help from the forum users this product has changed for the better, i thank the, first testers of the red o-rings,, and testers of the first slotted version , alot of other helpers all have benefited on the price and the hope they continue to help ,, with ways to improve them ,,

i thank the designer and RR engineer for the latest fag packet drawing ,that is being built ,, as the std version,, the help all from AOS forum users,, ,, and even when it was not thought of as help From THE Chornicles who asked if i had the IP ,, well at the time i did not but after him having a go i paid the £60 and got the certificate so no one can copy the slots,, or the design unless they have helped on this forum so i thank him for that ,,,, Ynxx helped in one way ,, asking about the nut which forced me to look at redesigning the nut ,, once that was done , it was full steam a head,, so i thank him for that ,,

the above small spring stop you can get made,, on eBay should be no more than the £25 ,, the diameter should be machined to the same hole diameter it goes into the hole being 10mm , the flange 2 mm thick , the length of the inner bush needs to cover 2 coils in the spring ,,
    this forces the spring to be straight up and not lean to one side,, the only draw back is you have to move the motor ,,
    atb pete
    Pete’s Lattice Truss Suspension upgrade for a JA Mitchell turntable.( mikes new name for these,,) but mine is pete's performance pylons, which use a lattice truss design system
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 27-07-2019 at 07:57. Reason: Users request to remove pricing on std item

I'm peter.

Michell power supply internal pictures one NC never connected and one the standard with all the smoothing capacitors ,, please don't ask me how they work i do not know,, these are off my Orca Nc,, and the Delphini dual mono 4box,, phono stage,, they were sold as the large power supplies, with the michell /trichord kit ,, Trichord Research who i am grateful too for upgrading the 2 power supplies to NC for use on the Phono stage ,,

I'm peter.

orca pre amp internals ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 09-05-2019 at 19:14.

I'm peter.

delphini phono pre amp ,, internal dual mono 4 box

I'm peter.

spoken to jonathan nye they went back to the steel ball,, as it is their design and can do what they want,, i respect that ,, every part of the deck is there design ,, each part is assembled with care and then shipped , the support has been great ,, the help has been the same,, i hope it will continue,,

The use of the J A Michell name and their names for the decks are prohibited,, they own the Names For their decks,, it must be made clear that the Pete's Performance Pylons are made BY Truepoint Engineering and audio as an after market upgrade intended for use on J A MICHELL Suspended Turntables,, J A MICHELL DO NOT MAKE THEM have had no input to complete the design just to confirm the thread was a M10 x1

atb
    pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 11-05-2019 at 11:33.

I'm peter.

ATB
    pete

I'm peter.

pete's performance pylons use a Lattice Truss Suspension System is now available made By True point engineering and audio,, as an after market upgrade for JA Mitchell ORB And Giro turntables. A truss is a structure that takes advantage of the inherent stability and weight distribution of a triangle. In my LTSS, o-rings are employed to create just such a suspension, giving the system substantially lateral as well as vertical stability, while allowing for perfect balance alignment. Ever since the first truss structures were employed in Ancient Egypt and across the entire Roman Empire, this structure has become integral to modern architecture. We have proudly copied a proven structure design to improve the performance of the JA Michell ORB and Giro ,turntable's as an aftermarket modification by Truepoint Engineering and Audio

atb
    peter
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 11-05-2019 at 19:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast