+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm TAD.

Peter,

Please don't forget The Odyssey. Your pylons and ceramic ball replacements certainly worked on my deck.

Well done. I was a bit sceptical at first, but the WOW factor took over.

A picture of my Odyssey in in this thread somewhere.

Kind regards.

Tad.

I'm peter.

thank you for the interest in this product ,

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Michael,

Yes, you're correct, but Peter has already paid for a trade account. He's just waiting to come up with a name for the business, with his partner, and then his trade room will be opened, and things will move forward from there

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

Ooo trader...you dark horse....Excellent....best wishes Peter with your venture...I wish you every success...Big Al...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm William.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Michael,

Yes, you're correct, but Peter has already paid for a trade account. He's just waiting to come up with a name for the business, with his partner, and then his trade room will be opened, and things will move forward from there

Marco.
    How about ‘Pylons R Us’

Good luck Peter - i’m Still enjoying mine

Best Regards

I'm peter.

Thanks Big al and bill it still has not got there yet, as long as the Tax is paid,i am happy ,, the real add will be then placed.
    The thread has never had a trading name,or will ever have one, Cheap up Grades is meant to help the owners of the Gyro and Orbe their has never been a trading name or a trading address,,

all the best pete
    Last edited by struth; 18-04-2019 at 09:15. Reason: removed unneeded parts

I'm Grant.

peter and michael, will you both cut this out. i will be going through this thread and any posts deemed out of order will be deleted. consider it a warning.
    lets move , thanks.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

i note that Grant (and also Geoff) have had to step in and deal with a little 'fracas' earlier. Please remember guys that we don't allow 'baggage' from elsewhere (other forums) to spoil discussions here, so leave that stuff where it belongs.

Also, could everyone (especially Michael) please remember that Peter is essentially an official trader here. The only difference is that because he's still to finalise a suitable name to trade under, he's not yet been given the appropriate title, or a dedicated room to use to promote his products.

However, this thread (and any others like it that Peter chooses to post), which will be moved into his trade room in due course, acts as a permitted advert for his products, and his right to promote his new business as a registered trader. Therefore, the stipulated rules on 'Thread Crapping' on trade threads apply here too, as indeed they would if this thread had been posted in the trade room. In future, punitive action, in the form of a week's ban, will be taken against anyone seen to break those rules, which some of the recent (now deleted) posts would've qualified as.

Therefore, please bear that in mind, and from now on let's keep this thread strictly constructive and on-topic. Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

No need for any PMs, Michael. I understand, but clearly there is history between Peter and you, which is causing some aggravation, and so he's not interested in discussing anything with you here, including prices. So please leave it there, respect his wishes, and from now on avoid this thread.

Indeed, any more input from you here will be removed without further notice. Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm peter.

Dear Marco thank you , ,the problem with pricing is that every set is custom , the price is being dictated by the machine shop,, due to the nature of what michell has done to the holes every set is Custom, and made to the size of the holes given ,,
    this has caused a problem with the pricing, if i wait and order more sets the cost comes down , as i do not have to pay the set up cost which is passed on,,, then the problem with the hole sizes, each and every Chassis have different size holes, on some 3 different size holes in the bottom part of the chassis and 3 different size holes in the top,, so now in order to get the cost down and order a full production run of 100 sets
    the size will be reduced to a one size fits all,even these will have to be tested first , with the base being 34.2 x 28,2 pre 2013 after 2013 33.7 x 28, michell reduced the hole sizes , but have now in 2017, to a 33.5 x 28, 33.77 , and 33.71 in 2017 ,so no uniformity in the chassis, ,
    the problem will continue to rumble on , i have a set coming back the first in 30 sets , These will be used for testing and then destroyed, the reason they were sent back is they dont make the 'speakers disappear ', like the springs,, but they do a lot of other things, as i have said previously i think these are an improvement to the OEM springs, and that is all,,

the owners have been good enough to leave their thoughts and feed back , even the person who is returning them can leave feedback if he wants to,, so i can go forward and people can see that not every thing is rosy , i am a honest person that is all,,

The gentleman who is returning them had problems in fitting them due to the acrylic being out on the plinth,, the cost to him just being the post , back.

i must get the T and c's sorted out ,before any full commercial product is launched on the web, at this moment until that set comes back ,,they will be machined down to one of the sizes above so the loss is not total and used as test sample,

in future if they stay customized/bespoke /tailor made , product , i will not accept them back with out the understanding you have to pay 50% of the set up cost if not %100,, if not canceled with in 14days this is when they will be machined,

hopefully i can sort out the one size fits all and that will not happen ,

i have been testing using a rubber washer on the base to help stop chassis from twisting ,and not use the ptfe washer , reduce the size of the base,, so it will fit every deck out there,,

so i am sorry i just cannot answer what is the price now, the kit price is set ,, through true point audio..which is now on hold,, i just cannot keep absorbing the loss,like i have been in the past ,, and continue to do so,

kind regards
    peter
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 27-07-2019 at 08:04. Reason: Prices removed at OPs request

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast