+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

Hi All ,just a quick update we have opended the holes up in the base to 5.5mm ,to allow the use of the thicker orings,, after a lot of testing the thicker o ring we're catching the chassis hole and acting like a damper ,, to stop this we have opened the hole up ,,
    also those waiting on news of the armboards ,, they are still in True point ,, although i have been promised they will be done this coming week,, but and a big but ,,True Point anre a busy engineering company with the audio side on a least urgent list ,, incase there are no more orders against the permanent customers ,, so the audio stiff like arm boards and pylons are at the bottom of the list ,, i am sorry for the delay but it is out of my hands,, they have promissed that they will start to machine the armboard some time next week ,,

pete

I'm peter.

hi all just a quick up date the blank for the rega has just been machined , now the brass has to be machined so the arm board is the correct weight

atb pete

I'm Gary.

Hi Peter.

Can I ask,
    would you say the upgrades for a Gorbe (My deck - An Orbe all bar the Tacho) are pretty much finalised now?
    I've held off as I've felt it was still in the Development cycle, but have it from a few people now that your upgrades are absolutely worth it.

Wanted to take the plunge before, but only want to do this once and do it right...as they say.
    So if you say it's good to go...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm peter.

hi gaz just for you i will lend you a set of suspension to try , i have sent a pm ,
    pete

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    hi all just a quick up date the blank for the rega has just been machined , now the brass has to be machined so the arm board is the correct weight

atb pete
    This is going to be something else...Looking foward to end result Pete....apart from the sonic improvements...this is gonna look fabulous too...the arm board echoing the look of the platter...all good stuff...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Hi Peter.

Can I ask,
    would you say the upgrades for a Gorbe (My deck - An Orbe all bar the Tacho) are pretty much finalised now?
    I've held off as I've felt it was still in the Development cycle, but have it from a few people now that your upgrades are absolutely worth it.

Wanted to take the plunge before, but only want to do this once and do it right...as they say.
    So if you say it's good to go...
    you keeping the g'orbe now then mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm peter.

True Point are making the Brass inserts to get the weight correct ,to keep the deck balanced and with in Michells spec ,, ,, their will be 3 delrin spacers to get the correct height ,of 35mm the arm board is 30mm,, it can be bolted direct to the chassis ,or use the 3 spacers or add a wooden top ,, the SME version is the correct weight ,so no need for brass inserts,,

I'm Gary.

Thank you Pete.
    I’ll measure the holes in my chassis this afternoon and get the information to you.

Curious now how it will improve the sound of the deck.

@Grant
    Looking possible mate..
    A lot of tyre kickers and lowball offers unfortunately, can’t be doing with that.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm peter.

Hi Gaz it is not a problem, i will sort them for you,, pete

I'm peter.

Hi All after a couple of emails i have spent a lot of hours looking into static on vinyl ,, after being told a certain company has said the suspension my add to static ,, well the suspension on the michell is seperated and is not grounded through the adjuster as it sits on a delrin nut ,, the base is seperated by a Ptfe washer,, i have looked on the old internet for solutions on static in vinyl ,, it seems as though it is the thickness of the new vinyl 180grm that is causing problems,, it contains more carbon black ,,it holds a static charge more than the thinner 70grm , please make sure the ground wire is connected to the chassis and the arm board ,, the new arm boards will have longer bolts included to do this,,
    The web site i have just been reading has some very good advice ,, ( http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazin...-your-records/ )
    it is not the suspension ,the use of ceramic bearings,, etc ,, but the complex make up of the vinyl it self ,,
    ATB
    pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast