+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 603

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

  1. #591
    Join Date: Jan 2014

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 1,172
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    I have been very lucky in getting 1 of Petes Acrylic platters.
    Pete was kind enough to let me try his and said if I like it I can then buy it.
    I’m not the greatest in sharing thoughts on how the improvements sound but I would like to say Yes this has made quite a big difference to my ears. Don't get me wrong, It sounded excellent before and I love watching the gold weights spinning around but I do like to try improving things further.

    The music playback seems to have all been pulled together and tightened. The bass was great before but now it seems very solid.
    I did have to adjust the speed slightly but thats nothing.

    In the next few months I will trial a few different mats. I have a cork/Nitrile, Plain cork and a leather mat to try. I’ll also try Petes recommendation of a rubber mat.

    I just want to say a big thank you Pete! I’m very very happy with my new Gyrodec and I look forward to trying out some of your Pylons in the future.

    Heres a few pics with the platter in place.

    IMG_3323 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

    IMG_3319 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

    IMG_3318 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

    IMG_3321 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

  2. #592
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: north wales

    Posts: 622
    I'm peter.

    Default

    Hi Nathan thanks for the kind words, it was the last B grade i had, now they are bloody expensive, as i dont make them i just managed to get the B grade to let go , so now they are all A grade direct from TP , that one i was using , and have nicked one for my self on monday last week , Just hope Charlie does not knock on the door for his money i use an ORACLE GROOVE ISOLATOR The original special compound rubber mat it is sorbothane , sticks to the platter , i have a anniversary mat , but not the beer mat version , mr moon has the gold spot and he has the same sme arm a 309 , ,sorry you had to fight with the packing LOL better safe than sorry ,
    pete

  3. #593
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: north wales

    Posts: 622
    I'm peter.

    Default

    please note over the pylons , the following , please check the distance from the center of the small post to the center of the other 2 , they should be equal but to stop these being made i think they are 2 mm out on one point , i know how to do these , if they are 2mm out but please let me know before they are sent , so i can work Michell's new design which twists the springs out of shape, pete

  4. #594
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: North East

    Posts: 8,694
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post
    I have been very lucky in getting 1 of Petes Acrylic platters.
    Pete was kind enough to let me try his and said if I like it I can then buy it.
    I’m not the greatest in sharing thoughts on how the improvements sound but I would like to say Yes this has made quite a big difference to my ears. Don't get me wrong, It sounded excellent before and I love watching the gold weights spinning around but I do like to try improving things further.

    The music playback seems to have all been pulled together and tightened. The bass was great before but now it seems very solid.
    I did have to adjust the speed slightly but thats nothing.

    In the next few months I will trial a few different mats. I have a cork/Nitrile, Plain cork and a leather mat to try. I’ll also try Petes recommendation of a rubber mat.

    I just want to say a big thank you Pete! I’m very very happy with my new Gyrodec and I look forward to trying out some of your Pylons in the future.

    Heres a few pics with the platter in place.

    IMG_3323 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

    IMG_3319 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

    IMG_3318 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr

    IMG_3321 by Nathan Rose, on Flickr
    Deck looks fabulous. I'm pleased the platter is doing the business...I'm using the Anniversary Ringmat, which just seems to work on my deck..have fun playing with other mats, but I have a feeling you will like myself, keep going back to the Ringmat..atb...Alan..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

    Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Cairn Diablo integrated, Roksan Darius speakers, REL Storm III, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

  5. #595
    Join Date: Jan 2014

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 1,172
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Deck looks fabulous. I'm pleased the platter is doing the business...I'm using the Anniversary Ringmat, which just seems to work on my deck..have fun playing with other mats, but I have a feeling you will like myself, keep going back to the Ringmat..atb...Alan..
    Thanks Alan,
    Yes it’s a good mat. Do you use the clamp with yours? On the ring mat sleeve they say don’t use it but to be honest I can hear any different with it on or off.

  6. #596
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: North East

    Posts: 8,694
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post
    Thanks Alan,
    Yes it’s a good mat. Do you use the clamp with yours? On the ring mat sleeve they say don’t use it but to be honest I can hear any different with it on or off.
    I did buy a Michell clamp from Peter...but I find the Anniversary mat is better without it....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

    Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Cairn Diablo integrated, Roksan Darius speakers, REL Storm III, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

  7. #597
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: north wales

    Posts: 622
    I'm peter.

    Default

    Hi Alan and nuff , i wish i could take pictures that good, i have poor eyesight , and could not take a decent picture if i tried, i will retry the ring mat i have , hope the platters are working well , still no mk2 , and never will be , as the weight on the bearing may have been too much
    enjoy the music

    pete

  8. #598
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: north wales

    Posts: 622
    I'm peter.

    Default

    Hi all please note all the Michell upgrades are made BY Truepoint Audio and not by me, also the pylons use o rings similar to SME, AVID , AND GERT PEDERSON and not Cotton,

  9. #599
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: north wales

    Posts: 622
    I'm peter.

    Default

    i seem to upset SA with the above but this was unintentional after are remark on facebook i will not repeat , all the upgrade solutions have drawbacks i should off put waxed thread and not cotton my apologies for that , my pylons are made of acetal /delrin . SA ones i think may be , Black African wood i think that is what the set i have are made off it may be a harder wood, they are very well finished,

    i don't talk about how pete's pylons work ,i will even send you down a dark alley as the secrets are kept in my head , and i very really talk on how the Acetal /delrin ones work accept on wham as you all No i had help off this community to eventually to get them to work,
    i then gave them to TPA who has never said anything Bad against another company , so before this i was asked in a PM to change the name and put the price up , so i gave them to TPA to become TPA PYLONS ,job done, they put the price up but included the bearings and some sorbothane parts , in that price , job done , i have left it up to the owners all around the world to leave feed back , job done,

    but i will NOT stop TPA from making them,as the are the innocent party that now make them , if people start to have a go on forums you should contact them and ask them to stop , in both ways as this is a two way street , with better things to come,

    after all i completed the design with the help off the HIFI COMMUNITY that are benefiting from them , like all systems, not are perfect , i have the IP certificate for this final design , lodged by the government off the UK ,
    so i am sorry that some one feels grieved, but i did everything asked in the PM , and do not make them
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 26-09-2020 at 18:43.

  10. #600
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: North East

    Posts: 8,694
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Is that not like MacDonalds asking Burger King not to make and sell Burgers?? or am I missing something here?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

    Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Cairn Diablo integrated, Roksan Darius speakers, REL Storm III, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •