+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

gaz
    the pylons have been registered in my name through the government IP SCHEME ,nothing was registered for the IP and took ages to get through , the power supply is a known power supply , so there is no problems, i just passed the pylons onto truepoint , it was never my intention to take the gyro to another level , it has just happened, however TPA always state the parts are made by them and not by Michell,, i do ask advice from Michell , you will notice their are no feet or any other parts that Michell supply , accept an already made power supply which drives the same make motor in the upgrade for the pink triangle , everything i have done Michell know about , down to my platter made of acrylic ,

i suppose if TPA supplied the exact same platter that Michell make they would be taken to court , and i would stand by Michell for doing that,,, as the pylons have been sent to Michell on several occasions , which they always will not acknowledge , and no way they would use them,,, because they are registered in my name for the IP , they are not like any other on the market , as proven by the IP Certificate issued , The PSU it is down to TPA , to do their own ip on that ,
    The challenge is to better the way the pylons work , that is the only way to make the deck better , than i can , if you remember it all started a while ago , with hooks being used and small o'rings, then the slots , is there other ways of doing the pylons /suspension ?, yes their are,,
    also i would not supply at the time 3d printed versions,when i had some 3d printed all failed on either the base or the nut , hence the need to get them made by an engineering company , TPPE ,, who have continued to make them to this day , with my blessing, and it would be upto TPPE and TPA to defend the pylons, they make and supply them not me ,

all the best
    stay safe

pete
    p.s
    True point precision engineers , and true point audio just make and sell and supply parts to everyone who needs them too, i don't work for them .
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 05-05-2020 at 15:04.

I'm Gary.

All sounds like it’s in hand, good stuff.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm peter.

cheers gaz
    ,i am still making things in the shed ,need something to do whilst Scott Nagle sends the test lp, which may be next week or the week after according to the reviews about him , as he was the cheapest person to buy the AP ultimate test album off , i don't mind the wait , although it has stopped the wow and flutter testing of the deck until it arrives,
    all the best and keep safe to all
    pete

I'm Gary.

I know Scott personally, stays close to me.

Have bought A lot of vinyl from him, but always from taking the 20 minute drive to his premises.
    He has online baggage Going back many years over many forums, what I can say is that I’m confident he is not out to rip anyone off.
    Running a business though you need to be 100% down the middle, personal issues aside.
    If you choose to put yourself in that bracket...then live by it.

In this world of Amazon Prime next day delivery it’s a hard sell, and Scott doesn’t always help himself (but as I say it’s never deliberate on his part) and he has a genuine passion about the hobby and music.

The LP will come, from experience if there’s any delay it’s that “In stock” on his Site means he needs to order it.
    Which is fine as I’m sure he’s communicating with you every step of the way...or maybe not depending.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm peter.

HI Gaz , i would not of ordered it if i was in a rush , he has now put out of stock on the item and tells me he is waiting on 12 to arrive, the way covid19 has slowed all the post down to a crawl,,if they are arriving from the manufacturers they may take a long time, but not worried, i don't believe in all the things i have read on the forums, so now back to the little bit of tweaking i am doing on the gyro , which if works will help with the springs as well,,
    pete

I'm peter.

so the test lp arrived now to try it out , and find out how to read it the instructions are not that good, depending on which button you press , the scale is from .03 to 3 % on the buttons, so if i put it on 3% it hardly moves , on 1% it will only move to .017
    not sure if that is correct, does any one no how to use this ,?
    pete

I'm peter.

to all gyro users please make sure the belt is level to the grove in the pulley , it has a big effect on the wow and flutter and sound of the deck , it is very hard to achieve this , you can level the spider then the chassis , than the platter you may find you have to lift the motor pod up with some packing , it was not a problem on the first gyros , due to the fixed motor which was on the chassis , now the motor is n a pod you has to be level ,
    pete

I'm peter.

Hi All when fitting the pylons please remove the felt washer , the o rings hang down beneath the pylon base, it means the clearance is only half a mm between the felt washer and the o'rings ,this will stop any movement in the pylons, when the deck is leveled
    due to the differences in the levels obtained, fit the pylons level the chassis , making sure their is clearance , fit the platter and check that is level ,i have had a couple where the chassis is not level to the platter , according to the owners, this is an engineering problem where the thread in the chassis is not true to the bearing shaft , so the platter is not level , there is noting i can do about that , except to level the platter only,
    please remove the center rubber bands when fitted , they are there to stop you playing o ring pickup ,
    keep safe and well

pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 05-06-2020 at 13:36.

I'm peter.

does any one know the diameter of the Michell belt , ??

I'm Adrian.

Default Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

Can you not measure it with a micrometer?
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast