+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm TAD.

Default Odyssey upgrades

Hi all,
    Have now upgraded my Odyssey to Pete's pylons, armboard with brass inserts and new feet. What follows is ALL subjective, with the benefit of late 60's ears. All these mods have been very welcome, with increased and better defined bass output.Overall soundstage has improved. DSOTM by the Floyd has never sounded better. Instruments played in a chamber setting appear to have improved separation. Probably a function of improved midrange.
    Thanks to Peter for all his efforts. Now it's just the motor and housing to tweak and the project is finished. Time to go through my Edizione Vivaldi on vinyl, which sounds wonderfull btw. Yes, all 10 boxes !!!!
    For anyone still sitting on the fence re: these upgrades, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Back to the cool of my basement.

I'm peter.

has any one ever had a VC psu for the gyro , it was produced up until 2003 then replaced by the HR , which in theory should be better ,

I'm Stuart.

Hi Glad your happy with Pete's great upgrades, as we all are.
    do you have any pictures you wish to share?

I'm Stuart.

Hi Everyone, For the present time, my turntable not only looks a thing of beauty, but sounds amazing.

Forget the politics of which camp you wish to sit on, it does not matter, what is important is how the music makes you feel when your in the middle of a listening session, smiling through the realism which can be achieved without spending telephone numbers.

As my late, great, father used to say "if you do not have anything positive to say, do not say anything"
    ANYWAY.......

As I've previously posted (not many I admit - being a novice at this stuff) the journey & enjoyment, I have had with the amazing upgrades & benefits from the stables of the genius that is Pete.
    His insight, design ideas, generous help & enthusiasm have done more to vastly elevate this turntable than the actual manufacturer (sorry John if your looking down).

It is a fact that I was considering to purchase a SME 15, but in all honesty, the performance I have now negates the need to spend nearly 9K - I know all is subjective but that's how it is so thank you again Pete!

I plan to post a few little things, about my upgrade path which will probably mirror others experiences & would like to share with you some pictures of the evolution of my vinyl spinner, when I have mastered how it is done..

Have a great weekend.

I'm peter.

Thank you for your kind words, i have no more to add to the Turntable, the final part was the feet , enjoy the Turntable, all the best pete

I'm Jeffrey.

Hi Pete,

My budget finally allowed me to order the acrylic Rega armboard for my Gyro SE, to accompany your wonderful pylons!

Charles at True Point was very helpful and made the whole process very easy.

I am really looking forward to this next step up!

Jeffrey

I'm peter.

Hi Jeff Charley will sort it , i am taking a back seat at this moment , want to get members to use this thread and put there thoughts on here ,

pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667