+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Hi Pete,
    good job with the pylons, we kept in touch in the early days of development.

Im interested again now that they are a complete product and I’m thinking to get a set to improve my “Gorbe” deck.
    one thing just to confirm, can the Michell spring covers still be used to fit over the pylons the same way as they do on the stock Michell springs?

thanks.
    Gary.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 26-05-2019 at 18:38.
    I have hifi n stuff.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Hi Pete,
    good job with the pylons, we kept in touch in the early days of development.

Im interested again now that they are a complete product and I’m thinking to get a set to improve my “Gorbe” deck.
    one thing just to confirm, can the Michell spring covers still be used to fit over the pylons the same way as they do on he stock Michell springs?

thanks.
    Gary.
    Yes they do go over Peter's design
    'ANSOM IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Sugden Headmaster headphone/pre-amp, Class AB VMP dual mono bullet power amp, Roksan Darius speakers, REL Storm III, Target R4 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm peter.

cheers Al , they do hide the pylons ,, if needed,

ATB
    Pete

Thanks Guys.
    Pete think an order will be coming your way soon.

Not read the whole thread here, whats the measure the holes on the chassis thing?
    I have hifi n stuff.

I'm peter.

you have pm

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    you have pm
    Thanks Pete, read that over tonight when back from work.
    I have hifi n stuff.

I'm peter.

you are welcome,

pete

I'm peter.

I have been asked about the acrylic spacer that you can buy off eBay and drill your own holes to make it fit ,, it was 114mm diameter 12mm thick and with a 85mm hole in the center ,, you need to make the gaskets from rubber and buy the longer bolts, all off eBay ,, I do not make them or supply them ,,

how ever I am looking at dining a full SME arm board out of Acrylic ,,which will be on piece and will replace the spacer and the Michell arm board ,, with the use of one piece proper arm board , ,which will be started tomorrow,,

using the Michell arm board as a template, and then getting the rear counter bored to 85mm diameter fitting a gasket to the base,, to use a damper ,, i will let you know the cost, at a later date,,

The pylons are still made, The O rings that Steve had were replaced, this was because the wrong shore rating had been sent by mistake,, I had somehow ended up with 90 shore and not the 70 ,, he is now happy ,, and continues to enjoy the Gyro he owns,,
    ATB
    pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 02-06-2019 at 10:32.

I'm peter.

O Ring testing ,, After all that has been said ,,and done,, the rings will take a weight of 12.5 kg easy , if one is cut they will not unravel,,

At 12.5kg one single O Ring snapped
    d ..
    At 6.5 kg , one o ring will hold,

In my opinion,, I think I would need about 39 kg to stretch the 6 o rings, and the 5 , but as I do not have something that weight I cannot confirm that ,,as one o ring will hold 6.5 kg to 7.5 kg and the pylons use 6 ,, 6.5x6= 39kg ,, 6 kg x the 3 pylons, 117kg all told,
    where a threaded string will take 6kg x 3 18kg in total , the Orings are all separate and are safer than a threaded string in my opinion in this application
    Pete's Pylons for michell orbe and gyro , using the the LTSS made by true point engineering and not by michell,,
    the gyro platter is about 3.5 kg , the orbe platter is 4.5 kg ,, the chassis is about 4kg , with out the dampening material , each Lead weight is 1.5kg ,, x2
    ATB
    Pete
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 03-06-2019 at 23:14.

I'm Alan.

That's brilliant Peter...and peace of mind, knowing that nothing is gonna give any time soon..that is an incredible amount of weight..and a test taken to the extreme with the o-rings being only 2mm thick ..I've always had faith in them anyway and knew they were exceptionally strong. This will assure potential buyers of the pylons, that their valuable cartridges are not going to be at risk along with the many enhancements to sound quality and stability...excellent..
    'ANSOM IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Sugden Headmaster headphone/pre-amp, Class AB VMP dual mono bullet power amp, Roksan Darius speakers, REL Storm III, Target R4 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast