+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap upgrade for michell gyro

I'm peter.

Default Motor pod

the motor pod has been altered with a new foot and a spacer to give a weight of about 3kg ,
    there are 2 spiders below the normal plinth ?base with decoupled delrin spacers and the spiders have been decoupled by 1.5mm rubber sheet ,

all the spiders and the base are Orbe, as the gyro one has 3 screwholes less which the pointed grub screws go through , the whole plint/bas is off an orbe and it still closes with 2 spiders in the inside, the base is 36mm+thick ,the main spiders are 24mm thick and have been laminated together all the bolst are nylon

I'm Andy.

Made a little tweak over the Xmas holiday - found some old skateboard wheels in the garage and thought I would see if any improvement with the Orbe could be made - seems to tighten the bass slightly and the noise floor also seems to have dropped - will keep on playing

A few pics:

Main system:

Digital.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+. Philips DCC 730. NAS drive
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. A&R P77 cart (Paratrace by Expert)

Amp. Pure Sound A30
    Speakers. Reiver Jenna floor standers

I'm peter.

well done

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Made a little tweak over the Xmas holiday - found some old skateboard wheels in the garage and thought I would see if any improvement with the Orbe could be made - seems to tighten the bass slightly and the noise floor also seems to have dropped - will keep on playing

A few pics:

Impressive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Impressive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    Main system:

Digital.
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. A&R P77 cart (Paratrace by Expert)

Amp. Pure Sound A30

I'm peter.

Default sketeboard feet

Well with the cost of new feet being about 30-40 , i have knocked these up with the idea of the Skateboard wheels, and 3 20mm long x the diameter of the hole in the wheels , and M6 nylon bolts , cost is 5 for the wheels and 2.50 p for the spacers ,1 for the bolts , less than 10 and they will also stop the deck from moving ,[IMG][url]https://66lr3g-db3pap001.files.1drv.com
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 21-01-2018 at 14:20. Reason: added pictures

I'm Grant.

need to show some pics assembled peter. look good
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm peter.

to stop the deck from moving it is worthwhile, but i have not run the deck yet , as this version has a missing spider , so the top part is sitting on 3x 40mm M6 pointed grub screws , because i have taken it out of the full case,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 21-01-2018 at 17:24.

I'm Andy.

Nice mod with the wheels
    Main system:

Digital.
    Analogue.

Amp. Pure Sound A30

I'm peter.

well it is upand running , and sounds better then ever i thought i had a problem with too much base , but doing this has tightened the base up so you can hear every note the voicing is now spot on ,
    it maksat out of the case ,but i doubt it as i cannot use the sweep arm , with out having a stand made , but the feet seem to have changed the base notes ,not sure how ,voicing is clear and toe tapping music ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast