+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: TAKET BATPURE Supertweeter - Mini Project

I'm Andrew.

Forwards for me.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Thanks for the info. It´s just that I saw on the web somewhere that a guy used his facing upwards on the rear baffle out of sight. He used a small right angled shelf support as a base for them. If they need to be facing forward and I like what they do I guess I´ll inset a pair of banana female terminals into the tweeter compartment of my speakers via the rear baffle so I can fit them on a nice wood support and just plug them in when I like.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thanks for the info. It´s just that I saw on the web somewhere that a guy used his facing upwards on the rear baffle out of sight. He used a small right angled shelf support as a base for them. If they need to be facing forward and I like what they do I guess I´ll inset a pair of banana female terminals into the tweeter compartment of my speakers via the rear baffle so I can fit them on a nice wood support and just plug them in when I like.
    That will be me.
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...060#post852060
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Hi Kevin,
    Yes, you de man . Obviously it would be much more convenient to place them out of sight but why did you prefer them on the rear baffle ? Or rather any idea on what it depends ?

I'm Kevin.

I think it all depends on your speakers and environment. They sounded too "shouty" sat on the top, so I moved them to the back firing up. There is another pair firing out of the horn mouths as well....
    Kevin

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    They sounded too "shouty" sat on the top, so I moved them to the back firing up
    If you can hear anything from them there's something not right. Supertweeters are supposed to emit sound above the audible output from the main tweeter.

I'm Kevin.

Yes I know. I am referring to the overall presentation of the music.
    Kevin

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I think it all depends on your speakers and environment. They sounded too "shouty" sat on the top, so I moved them to the back firing up. There is another pair firing out of the horn mouths as well....
    Your speakers aren't terribly sensitive though ... 86db according to the specs. Though the Takets are meant to be 70db (if measured correctly) so they ought not to be doing very much

My Tannoys are 93db ... there is nothing at all detectable directly from my Takets (put your ears to them with music playing, nothing appears to come out though my ear always feels a bit funny afterwards). But the best effect (subtle at best anyway) is forward firing. I suspect if I stuck them on the back any effect would diminish to nothing.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Your speakers aren't terribly sensitive though ... 86db according to the specs. Though the Takets are meant to be 70db (if measured correctly) so they ought not to be doing very much

My Tannoys are 93db ... there is nothing at all detectable directly from my Takets (put your ears to them with music playing, nothing appears to come out though my ear always feels a bit funny afterwards). But the best effect (subtle at best anyway) is forward firing. I suspect if I stuck them on the back any effect would diminish to nothing.
    Yes. I agree with all that. Including the bit about making your ear feel funny. Listening close to a supertweeter will do exactly that.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

Horses for courses. I tried them on top, and preferred them on the back firing up. The key message is to ty them for yourself, and see what position you prefer. What they do is subtle for sure, but they do something,
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast