+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TAKET BATPURE Supertweeter - Mini Project

I'm Andrew.

Default TAKET BATPURE Supertweeter - Mini Project

Hello everyone. I fancied doing a little mini project with a second pair of these excellent little supertweeters which shall be used with my 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold speakers housed in Lockwood cabs. I originally ordered a pair of these months ago and found them to be benficial with the Tannoys and now I would like them to be a permanent feature when listening to Jazz. I've been slowly accumulating the parts and I'm now happy to say that everything is now here. I originally used 4mm Blue Van Damme cable, the audio studio version of my first pair but I'm going to be using 2mm solid silver which shall be housed in Teflon on the 2nd pair. I'm slowly getting a full loom of silver in the Valve setup. I'll be swapping my 6mm Van Damme blue for 3mm solid core silver as my main speaker cable of choice of the Tannoy speakers but more of that later. I sit here typing this a little blearly eyed and ready for bed (yep it's only 9pm) so no DIY tonight. Here's a quick pick of the parts.

DSCN3047.jpg

So the idea is to house them in some nice boxes and then they live on top of the Tannoys. OK, more another night....
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Nice one Andy . Like you I found the first pair of these excellent supertweeters to be a very welcome addition to my system . I'm planning to add another pair soon so will be watching this thread with interest

Have you found decent boxes yet mate ? . I'm reasonably happy with the ones I have at the moment , but would welcome your suggestions for different ones .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

montesquieu Guest

I bought a pair of these as well but worried about

1) sensitivity match - 70db to 90-ish db on the Tannoys, so unlikley to hear much of an effect?
    2) impedance match - if installed in parallel with the main speakers it could drop the impedance the valve amp sees with all the issues that entails around oscilation, shifts in the response etc.

I had been discussing with Jez the possibility of using a separate chip amp to drive them to an appropriate level (see another thread in this sub-forum).

Your Sondex S100 is pretty like my Radford STA100 in many ways, your 15in Golds not so far away from my 12in HPDs ... have you given any thought to the above?

I'm Brian.

Have you received yours yet Tom ?
    Regards
    Brian

montesquieu Guest

Yes they are here. I bought some very similar wooden boxes too to what Andrew is showing in his pics!

I'm Brian.

What's the plans then . Have you tried them at all ?
    Regards
    Brian

montesquieu Guest

not yet ....

I'm Brian.

I'll be interested in your take on these Tom . The Takets have been my first foray into this area of audio reproduction . If I remember correctly you have previous experience of supertweeters .
    Regards
    Brian

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I'll be interested in your take on these Tom . The Takets have been my first foray into this area of audio reproduction . If I remember correctly you have previous experience of supertweeters .
    Yup .. Townshends, Audiosmiles, Tannoys, Fostexes, no-brand ebay jobs ... tried them all. Can make a difference depending on the speaker.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Nice one Andy . Like you I found the first pair of these excellent supertweeters to be a very welcome addition to my system . I'm planning to add another pair soon so will be watching this thread with interest

Have you found decent boxes yet mate ? . I'm reasonably happy with the ones I have at the moment , but would welcome your suggestions for different ones .
    I just got these from eBay I think I paid <£10 for them delivered. They are ok for what they are and am more than happy to keep using them.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I bought a pair of these as well but worried about

1) sensitivity match - 70db to 90-ish db on the Tannoys, so unlikley to hear much of an effect?
    2) impedance match - if installed in parallel with the main speakers it could drop the impedance the valve amp sees with all the issues that entails around oscilation, shifts in the response etc.

I had been discussing with Jez the possibility of using a separate chip amp to drive them to an appropriate level (see another thread in this sub-forum).

Your Sondex S100 is pretty like my Radford STA100 in many ways, your 15in Golds not so far away from my 12in HPDs ... have you given any thought to the above?
    No I havent't but at the price I'm happy just have them sitting around experimwnt with other speakers. I DID notice some difference with them when using them with my Tannoys, certainly enough for the cost outlay. Sounds like your plan is far ore exciting than my little project!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast