+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Mafia Welcomes Colin Wonfor

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default Scottish Mafia Welcomes Colin Wonfor

Having a meet at my place with the usual suspects, and also have the honour of hosting Colin, who I believe is bringing some of his latest creations for us to listen to.

Looking forward to it!

Anyone else localish who wants to attend?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Wish I was nearer!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

:-). Fly up!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    :-). Fly up!
    Can't. The wife won't lend me her broomstick.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

LOL

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Brian.

Looking forward to it mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Colin.

I am looking forward to seeing you and being in the land of my heart seeing friend and my family, I always hate coming away, wish I stayed when I was just a kid.
    Can't wait to get back to Dalgety Bay and visit folk in Alloa and Inverness.
    It will be the last time I suspect due to the PIP's crap car has to go in August.

See you see you all soon , Ali please txt phone numbe sp if I have any delays etc I can call.

Best Col

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up

Still on my hit list to track down an original Claymore with a blue, green red or yellow fascia. The best integrated amp i ever owned. Have a great evening guys. Wish i was coming.

I'm Gary.

Look forward to it mate, want me to bring anything?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Just yourself mate.

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast