+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Many HDMI Inputs Do You Need?

I'm Martin.

Default How Many HDMI Inputs Do You Need?

I need a new television with a decent amount of HDMI inputs. I only have two at present which is useless in this day and age.

I will be running a PVR and at least 3 (up to 5) games consoles. I will also need an input for a Blu Ray player and whatever else takes my fancy. I also have 7 scart games consoles which need running so I keep a CRT for some of them

I dont like small separate switchboxes so I will see if there is a television or AV amplifier with plenty of inputs. I would use an AV amp as a switch box.

The problem with the cheaper televisions is they skimp on a proper level of inputs. I would love to be minimalist but theres plenty of equipment I like to put on the TV shelf unit.

So much equipment and so little space for it. Its a real headache at times

Cheers
    Martin

I'm Grant.

I use a switchbox I have to say. Its quite good...actually I have 2. not paying an extra couple of hundred for it but, yes it would be good if they came as standard.. say 4 would be a good number; 5 even better. But, I guess if you had 6, you'd want 7. such is the way it goes.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

My TV has 4 HDMI inputs, and to be frank, it's not enough.
    I have a couple more devices that it would be nice to connect permanently, to save swapping HDMI leads around for.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    My TV has 4 HDMI inputs, and to be frank, it's not enough.
    I have a couple more devices that it would be nice to connect permanently, to save swapping HDMI leads around for.
    Yes this is my whole point Chris. 4 is nicer but its still not enough. As Grant says I would probably want more even at 6.

A new telly is coming but I think I will have to get a decent quality switch box.

Believe me I curse the console companies for not having backwards compatibility but thats the life of a gamer. I would pay a premium to free up console space

I could fill four easily and still be wanting. I can reach over the back but swapping cables is just not convenience.

I will give this some thought
    Cheers
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 20-05-2017 at 06:20.

+ Reply to Thread