+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 38 Demo CDs free. First come, first served

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Well one of my discs was a compilation of Blues tracks from varying artists across the 50s and 60s, not my cup of tea but interesting to listen to. Now it may be my modern ears or the original recordings of the day, but music from that era always seems a little distorted to me. Not in the same way as a badly produced modern recording, but in a 'this engineer has his VU meters set wrong' type of way. Maybe it was just the quality of the time, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

My other disc was completely and utterly right up my boulevard! A mixture of synth tracks all written (bar one) by a couple of keyboard players and recorded beautifully. Some really nice chill out tracks with crystal clear drums and nice fat strings and pads - perfect. It's been on most of the weekend.

I haven't tried the bass test disc yet to be honest, but I will retain it as a 'tool' (Howard's term) for when I critically listen at my next point of component purchase. Sounds very interesting and reading the inlay card seems like an excellent method for determining the difference in systems.

Anyway, thanks Howard for your kind generousity, very much appreciated.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Howard.

Original text in this post now deleted by HP (May 13th) and used as the starter of a new and more relevant thread.
    Last edited by Neil McCauley; 13-05-2008 at 13:12.

Hey, I received this morning three CDs! Thanks very much... Haven't been able to listen to them yet, but I will when I get home! The bass test will come in handy always, the Mojo compilation (although I'm a suscriber) I didn't have and seems right up my alley! The third one I don't know what it is (David Borsu).... I'll have to google the name. I'll rummage through my few cds (have them all back in Chile unfortunately, and here in the UK I've mainly bought vinyl... This obsession is a certifiable disease!) so I can get into the "exchange ring".

Cheers!
    Alex
    One is a sinner. One is a saint, but most of us worry about showing up late. Pete Townshend - Street in The City

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123