+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all,

I'm Alvaro.

Default Hi all,

Dropping by to say hi, nice to meet you all,
    After years I am rebuilding my analog roots.
    My first audio system was built by myself 35 years ago, and kept using it every now and then until a couple of years ago. It was a 30W amp and receiver built out of amplifier boards, own power supply design, mpx IC based fm receiver, riaa eq. board for phono input, selected and paired 2N3055 for each channel power output. Pre stage with bass trebble simple eq feature no IC.Two way speakers, 8" woofers, 2" tweeters and ultra high tech crossover (bi-polar in series capacitor high pass) :-). The TT featured a Shure M70b, that I REALLY miss...
    Ok now I am super happy with my vintage stereo setup:

1983 Pioneer PL640 turntable, original high output MC Catridge
    1990 PM30 Marantz amp, and
    1993 Technics SL-PG340 CD player

My idea,, go back to those years and explore every aspect I did not have time to, then.

Forgot to mention, was lucky to find near mint Acoustic Research AR338, speakers that I love that complete current setup.

Peace,
    Alvaro

I'm Rob.

Welcome Alvaro. Looks like a nice system you have there. What sort of music do you listen to>
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Grant.

hi and welcome Alvaro. Hope you enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alvaro.

Thank you very much, this seems a nice place btw. I enjoy very much jazz, including al sorts of fussion, from the 30' to nowadays.Love vocals, love bands, love jam sessions too. Love metals, strings, percussion.I also enjoy barroque classic, specially clavicord. I am open and enjoy all sort of music through and rarely early discard something as I like discovering all sort of instruments there, specially those behind doing that special mellody that really adds..
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learn and enjoy the forum.

I'm Alvaro.

Hi Grant, nice to meet you all. Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learn and enjoy this forum.
    Alvaro.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Alvaro. Welcome to AOS.

Vintage gear is very popular here, so you'll be in good company.

Tell us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Hi Alvaro, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm M.

Hi Alvaro and welcome to AOS

I'm Alvaro.

Thanks very much Hummer.

I'm Alvaro.

Thanks very much Jollyfix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast