+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maybe you all know - R3 FLAC streaming

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Hi Rob, thanks for this effort.

Can you let me know (for a real computer thicky) what I actually need to type as the URL?
    There seems to be some type, then a link and then some further type.
    I use JRiver and that has an ''Open URL'' tab which I use for my Internet listening and am hoping your endeavours will let me type a URL into it.
    Hi James

I'd be surprised if JRiver can handle this stream - it's all pretty new stuff, codec-wise. However, give it a go. Here's the bit of the URL that follows the https:// part:

vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net/al/lossless/client_manifest.mpd

Hopefully this site won't mangle that!

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm James.

Hi Rob,

you're right, JRiver doesn't know what to do with it !! Ah well, never mind.
    Thanks anyway.
    I can still listen via JRiver using the BBC web-site and the ''Open Live'' option. If I set Windows to 48kHz then there'll be no up/down-sampling being done and I should get the full benefit.

Cheers,

Jim.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Hi James

I'd be surprised if JRiver can handle this stream - it's all pretty new stuff, codec-wise. However, give it a go. Here's the bit of the URL that follows the https:// part:

vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net/al/lossless/client_manifest.mpd

Hopefully this site won't mangle that!

Rob
    The VLC 3.0.0 "overnight build" works flawlessly using that link to open the R3 stream, and to my ears it also sounds better than through the Firefox 51+ browser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123