+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 510 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Imjustsurviving.

I've been there Mark, i used to drink myself to sleep every night of the week, just have a glass of red wine with my dinner most nights and have a few beers on the weekend, all though i did fall of the wagon a few weeks ago and sunk loads of whisky, i told my wife i wanted a divorce and i slept on the sofa to annoy her as well, what a twat i am at times she forgave me again as she knows it's the drink talking and has seen it all before with me, just need to keep clear of the Scotch in big quintities, take it easy Mark though it frys the brain cells
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Good point Jon If i don't drink i don't get to sleep for a couple of nights, by the time the third comes round i'm so wacked nothing stops me.

I agree Marco, i know it's not good but i'm still coherent now & i'm about 2/3 the way there to my usual consumption. I do like good quality stuff & i'll drink that in moderation, but the daily stuff is nowhere near as expensive & i get where i'm going for £3.70 a day
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

As mentioned earlier, I think - currently (almost) "on the wagon" - stopped drinking in the week, and cut back at the weekends - for a start, I can't keep flushing money down the toilet (two of us getting through a dozen or so bottles of wine a week, equates to £500 + a month! ) and then I also know it isn't going to do me any good... It just creeps up on you though, and very easy to get into the habit of opening a bottle or two every night... Like Mark, though, I find I can't sleep for the first couple of nights without, by the third morning I can't get up!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Ah well i have added that extra little bit Unfortunately this happens pretty often

Another 3/4 pint of 7.5% cider & i'm still reasonably sane, it's still early days to
    Bests, Mark

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Wow... You can drink 2-3 bottles of WINE a night???

That's serious alchy shit, dude!!

Marco.
    I do work nights and when I work it can be between 4-14 nights in a row so I don't drink at all. But when I do drink its as stated 2-3 bottles of 13% wine a night. Usually 2 to be honest.

Strange thing is I don't feel too drunk (I know that seems hard to imagine) and I never get hangovers...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Very nice Côtes du Rhône from one of the great producers - Paul Jaboulet Aîné - Parallèle 45, 2009

http://www.invinitywines.co.uk/produ...product-search

Excellent value, bursting with fruit and a rounded finish - recommended.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

I like this thread - there's nothing better than people who make my own alchoholism seem less rampant
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

I did the http://www.realaletrail.net/ the other weekend and had a great time

would recommend doing it but might be best not at weekends as it does get a bit busy on the train, 10 deep at some of the platforms !

I'm Mark.

Just bought a box of 6 bottles of this stuff for £16.50. Quite nice to, no doubt much better once it's chilled

Not exactly a wine fanatic so it'll take me a while to get though it
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread