+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 510 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 5095

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ah, erm, Aldi it was. i scanned it and my phone reckoned it was a good un and usually fairly expensive too. not sure what i paid now but think it was 8.99. usually use the vivino app
    Yeah, looks a nice wine. Let us know what you think when you have it

We had something else tonight, so not tried the Beaujolais Nouveau yet.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Enjoying the Beaujolais Nouveau now, with some noisettes of lamb in a rich rosemary and red wine jus, with Lyonnaise potatoes and broad beans à la Grecque (having a rather late dinner this evening, as we've been busy putting up the tree and decorating the house for Xmas, in readiness for friends visiting).

This year's Nouveau is certainly weightier, and with richer tasting berry fruits, which titillate the palate and produce a flavour that lingers longer than that of some of the thinner, more acidic BN's of previous vintages.

Jean Loron has certainly surpassed normal standards by producing a young wine with bags of bright, jammy fruit flavours, and enough 'zing' and structure to make it a perfect accompaniment with a variety of meat dishes.

Thoroughly recommended!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm tony.

Lidl do a rather nice

albarinho about 6 quid
    Sovy blonk from new zealand about 6 quid.

docg chianti change out of a fiver.

Malt wise ben bracken is a rather tasty tipple.

I'm Alan.

Waters Edge Shiraz...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Julian.

I don't drink much wine these days but this 2009 Pouilly Fuisse we had over Xmas was quite exceptional.

This golden nectar is a million miles away from most Chardonnays, being extremely refined, subtle and elegant.

It was from Waitrose but sadly only a much more recent vintage available now.

Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Kevin.

We always have a couple of bottles of that in the house, as the wife really likes it.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm quite partial to a nicely-chilled glass of Pouilly-Fuissé; especially in the summer
    Barry

Very nice, Julian - one of my favourite whites, along with Pulingny Montrachet. If you haven't tried that, I thoroughly recommend it. It's a stunning white burgundy!

Snapper, Del and I are currently enjoying a nice pre-dinner cocktail, called a 'Sorrento Sparkle', which consists of ice-cold Limoncello liqueur, ice-cold Prosecco and frozen lemon sorbet, into which is added some fresh lime:

...for extra decadence, since it's New Year's Day, I've also popped in some fresh raspberries... Utterly gorgeous!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Mark.

For those liking Big reds, Jip Jip Rocks Shiraz, Padthaway, Australia. Absolutely knockout from Waitrose. Whether anyone believes in BTI awards, it’s collected a few.

Cheers for the recco. Is it not to 'overly-oaked' though, Mark?

I've gone off Ozzie Shiraz, simply because the taste of vanilla (from the oak barrels used) was simply too overpowering, and because new world reds like that tend to lack subtlety and finesse, in comparison with an old world 'big red', such as Amarone or Chateauneuf du Pape, which are generally more to my taste

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread