+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 512 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm sorted.

Tonight Kumala Zenith Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz (how do they get all those grapes in that little bottle?)

I'm John.

Have any Wine aficionados on here sussed out the new Aldi range - The Aldi Wine Tour of France? (on sale from Thursday, but temptingly in brochure today)
    They are proudly announcing that they are The Drinks Retailing Awards, Wine Retailer of the Year.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2010 Château Les Marcottes, Bordeaux

75% Merlot with 25% Cabernet Sauvignon

“… displays ripe red fruit flavours on a round and balanced palette.”

Gold medal winner:
    Los Angeles International Wine competition, 2011 and Concours des vins Lyon, 2011

Bronze medal winner:
    Concours National des Grands Vins de France - Blayais Bourgeais, 2011

14% ABV. ~ £11 a bottle. Drink by June 2016

2004 Château Villars, Fronsac

69% Merlot, 26% Cabernet Franc with 5% Cabernet Franc

The 2004 vintage was slightly overshadowed by the fruitier 2005 but 10 years on it is revealing itself as a classic vintage with an abundance of charm. Château Villars from Merlot dominant Canon-Fronsac is a fragrant, silky and sophisticated claret.”

13% ABV ~ £17 a bottle. Drink by end 2019

Excellent – I’ve another couple of bottles of this to enjoy.

2010 Château Samion, Saint- Émilion

This top vintage claret, from "the most exciting" of Saint Emilion's satellite regions (Wine Spectator) is from a family run property close to Pomerol. Matured in top quality oak, it offers lush plum flavours with raspberry notes and a hint of spice.”

Gold medal winner: Concours National des Vignerons Independants, 2012

14.5% ABV ~ £15 a bottle. Drink by end 2016
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

In no particular order, some recently enjoyed ‘slurps’:

2011 Château Franc Cantenac, Saint-Émilion

80% Merlot with 20% Cabernet Franc.

13% ABV. Drink by end 2016. ~£13 a bottle.

2010 Château Langel-Mauriac, Bordeaux

Merlot (80%), Cabernet Sauvignon (15%) and Cabernet Franc (5%)

Gold medal winner: 2011 Concours de Bordeaux.

Rich and full-bodied.

12.5% ABV Drink by end of 2018. ~£12 a bottle.

2009 Château Fontcaille Bellevue, Bordeau Supérieur

Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.

13.5% ABV, drink by end 2015.

Plus quite a bit of this:

2012 La Barrique de Bordeaux, Bordeaux

La Barrique is a superb claret made using tiny parcels of grapes from hugely expensive spots in Pomerol (think Pétrus at £1,000), Pauillac (from vines abutting £800 Château Latour), Grand Cru Saint Emilion and Margaux. It's complex, rich and long.

13.5% ABV, drink by end 2018. ~£19 a bottle.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just savouring a 'wee nip' of a 37-year old vintage Armagnac, which we bought earlier this year in France, from one of our favourite wines shops (see link below), located in Ardres - a charming little village just outside of Calais, where we base ourselves on wine-buying trips: http://www.boursot.co.uk/index.html

For any of you here who love Armagnac, this is absolutely stunning: smooth, rich, 'caramelly', and just pure unctuous luxury... Salut!

The bottle shown is the 1982 vintage. The one I have is from 1978.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just savouring a 'wee nip' of some 37-year old vintage Armagnac, which we bought earlier this year in France, from one of our favourite wines shops (see link below), located in Ardres - a lovely little village just outside of Calais, where we base ourselves on wine-buying trips: http://www.boursot.co.uk/index.html

For any of you here who love Armagnac, this is absolutely stunning: smooth, rich, 'caramelly', and just pure unctuous luxury... Salut!

The bottle shown is the 1982 vintage. The one I have is from 1978.

Marco.
    The colour looks awesome... bet thats nice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Trust me, 'nice' barely scratches the surface, mate - it's STUNNING! You can smell the aroma it's creating inside the glass (a large, wide crystal goblet), as it sticks to it, from the other side of the room!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Trust me, 'nice' barely scratches the surface, mate - it's STUNNING! You can smell the aroma it's creating inside the glass (a large, wide crystal goblet), as it sticks to it, from the other side of the room!

Marco.
    Had an old bourbon like that when I was richer lol. it just stuck to you when you drank it. It was about as old as you can keep it without it deteriorating. which is no where near whisky years. pappy van winkle it was... couldnt afford another bottle but boy, it was an experience

enjoy the fruits Marco
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Cheers, mate. I'll save you some!

Wasn't too bad, TBH, about £35 a bottle....

Marco.
    Main System

Just about to open and decant a bottle of this to have with Heston's Chestnut and Coffee-smoked Christmas Ham, served cold, in slices with Del's home-made raisin and apple chutney :http://www.vidal-fleury.com/data/doc...08011100Fr.pdf

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread